Cannes with Kids

mtcruise10

We will be in Cannes next summer with two boys, ages 8 and 10. I've done some research on Cannes but would appreciate some help. I've heard it's a nice town to explore on foot, not too big, and we've looked at doing le petit train. I'm trying to find some things that my kids may find interesting! I'd be interested in also heading to Monaco and maybe even Eze, but i'm having trouble finding a tour that seems reasonably priced 🙂 Any tips on companies that do nice tours. Or any other ways you'd recommend I explore with my kids here? Beaches to go to? Sites to see?

Expecting a "reasonably priced tour" in France would be "unreasonable"  :).  You do have a lot of options if you want to simply DIY.  For example, there is a pretty decent beach (with real sand) within a few minutes walk from the tender pier.  Just keep the water on your left and you will come to the Plague du Midi.  There is also the more famous beach area right in front of the big hotels (we do not like this beach as much as the plague du midi).    If you want to take the kids to see Monte Carlo you can simply take the train from Cannes to Monte Carlo (this train line passes through places like Antibes and Nice which takes a little over an hour.  Monte Carlo has the pretty decent Oceanographic Museum (kids should enjoy this place) and there is also the changing of the guard up at the palace.

As to Eze it is more of a challenge via public transit/train and I am not sure how much it would appeal to kids unless they enjoy shopping in galleries and touristy shops.  However, if you did really want to visit places like Eze and St Paul de Vence then it would make sense to simply rent a car.  

Hank

• Like 1

Ha! Figured that regarding the price 🙂 DIY sounds perfect. Is that beach public/free? That looks really nice (thanks google earth). 

It also looks like there is a small beach to the right of the port, near le petit train. Probably not near as nice, but may work also? It's right before the famous beach you referenced. 

Any tips on which train or how to catch? Your comments about Eze make sense, maybe just checking out the beach, and then a train ride to Monte Carlo would be fun. Museum looks great! And the changing of the guard. Thanks - great tips. 

• Like 1