The Broken Road Leads Me - 2020 Mariner World Cruise Blog

I downloaded a “Countdown Timer” to my iPhone. The new app is telling me how long we need to wait before we board the Regent Seven Seas Mariner for the 2020 World Cruise! I'm feeling impatient...the anticipation is sweet, but, the wait is difficult. 

This voyage is a celebration of life...a toast to enduring some difficult times and coming out on the upside. Harry and I committed to this adventure last summer. It seemed like a natural choice after tossing around ideas for our next Regent cruise. Undecided about where, when and number of days, I threw caution to the wind and said, “heck, why not book the world cruise?” That one sentence brings us to this moment: 17 days and 19 hours with minutes and seconds rapidly ticking away before we board the ship.

This world cruise itinerary is like visiting with a dear old friend: familiar and fascinating. Having already explored many of the bucket list highlights of this voyage, our plan for this cruise is to wander through the “nooks and crannies” of each region, while we redux and relax. 

Our bags are packed. We're currently in California enjoying a visit with our west coast family. I'm buying last minute art supplies and Harry is downloading books to his Kindle. 

You are invited to take a “front row seat” to our 131 day adventure when you read my blog “The Broken Road Leads Me....” at https://consultm2.blogspot.com Drop by periodically, or if you prefer, subscribe to receive a notice when I post. I'll be sharing this journey through my eyes, the lens of the camera and the art I create along the way.

On January 24, 2020, we'll sail west from San Francisco, with the iconic Golden Gate Bridge as our “starting line.” For everyone who has said....”Can I come, too?”....grab some popcorn and please join us! 

• Like 4

Marcia, having shared some of your previous cruise days with you, you can guess that Mark and I will be following you and Harry, without doubt.  I can sense your excitement and understand exactly how you feel - we have a bit longer to wait till we board Voyager and sail alongside you (it seems) but sharing your days on board, albeit vicariously, will whet our appetite nicely.  Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gilly said:

Marcia, having shared some of your previous cruise days with you, you can guess that Mark and I will be following you and Harry, without doubt.  I can sense your excitement and understand exactly how you feel - we have a bit longer to wait till we board Voyager and sail alongside you (it seems) but sharing your days on board, albeit vicariously, will whet our appetite nicely.  Thank you!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Art Instructor2 said:

This voyage is a celebration of life...a toast to enduring some difficult times and coming out on the upside.

Marcia, looking forward to following along here and on your blog.  It's always great to cruise, but cruising following difficult times is an extra special experience. 

Will you be teaching on this cruise?

Bob

• Like 1

19 hours ago, liptastic said:

Oh excited for you. Definitely looking forward to following along with you. Enjoy your holiday with family pre cruise and safe travels. Thanks for taking us along on your travels,  Jean. 

Jean, we have two young, very energetic grandsons who are filling up these pre-cruise days with crazy antics and lots of fun.  We'll need the world cruise to recover from all the activity!  

Thank you for your good wishes.

Marcia

19 hours ago, Gilly said:

Gilly, let's wave to each other as our ships sail in sync.  Wishing you and Mark a fabulous cruise!  

Thank you and, as always, warm wishes to both of you.

Marcia

7 hours ago, boblerm said:

Marcia, looking forward to following along here and on your blog.  It's always great to cruise, but cruising following difficult times is an extra special experience. 

Will you be teaching on this cruise?

Bob

Bob,

You are right...this cruise will be extra sweet and meaningful.  

While I love teaching on board,  this voyage I'll be kicking back and creating art on my own schedule.  However, if anyone wants to create along with me,  I'd love the company and inspiration.

Thank you,

Marcia

Marcia and Jim we wish you a wonderful time on your World Cruise.  It is an exciting adventure you richly deserve after some challenges.  Savor every minute.  We will join you for a period from Rome to Miami.  We look forward to catching up.

On another note it was great fun to stumble across our portraits on your blog!  We appreciate that we have them.  We do look a little older now.

Safe  travels.

Ann and Shel

Edited by Eager2Travel
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

Marcia and Jim we wish you a wonderful time on your World Cruise.  It is an exciting adventure you richly deserve after some challenges.  Savor every minute.  We will join you for a period from Rome to Miami.  We look forward to catching up.

On another note it was great fun to stumble across our portraits on your blog!  We appreciate that we have them.  We do look a little older now.

Safe  travels.

Ann and Shel

Ann and Shel,

It will be so nice to see you again!  Perhaps I need to draw updated portraits of you!  : )

As a side note to anyone reading my response to you, I want to be clear that on our last cruise guests were kind enough to let me draw their portraits.  They got to take home a keepsake that couldn't be bought on any cruise, any where in the world. As a "thank you" for my artwork, guests made contributions to the Crew Fund.  It was a win-win for all and I hope to do it again on the world cruise.

Thank you so much for reaching out and for your good wishes.   See you soon!

Marcia