Concierge Lunch Question - Summit

beverland

Good day!  Has anyone attended the concierge lunch recently?  Can you tell me about it?  Is it a set time?  Will we receive an email or invitation prior to sailing?  Typically sail in Aqua Class and this is new to us.  Thanks so much for any information!

Edited by beverland
Typo

The lunch for Concierge Class is on embarkation day. I believe the time is usually 11:30 to 1, but I could be slightly off. There’s no e-mail invitation. Sometimes the concierge greets people at check-in and invites them, but I don’t think this has happened on all of my cruises in Concierge Class. I think I’ve gotten a small paper invitation at check-in (when we used to get our Seapasses then) or in my room (now that we pick up our Seapasses there).

The menu is limited. You can find it by searching threads on this forum or by Googling it. The lunch isn’t a huge deal, but I like it. I think it’s nice to have a less crowded, more peaceful option than the buffet for lunch on embarkation day. I also liked that the dining room had a place to drop off carry-on bags during the lunch. But now that the Summit has had its “Revolution,” you can drop off carry-on bags in your room as soon as you board. 

23 hours ago, Carried_Away said:

The lunch for Concierge Class is on embarkation day. I believe the time is usually 11:30 to 1, but I could be slightly off. There’s no e-mail invitation. Sometimes the concierge greets people at check-in and invites them, but I don’t think this has happened on all of my cruises in Concierge Class. I think I’ve gotten a small paper invitation at check-in (when we used to get our Seapasses then) or in my room (now that we pick up our Seapasses there).

The menu is limited. You can find it by searching threads on this forum or by Googling it. The lunch isn’t a huge deal, but I like it. I think it’s nice to have a less crowded, more peaceful option than the buffet for lunch on embarkation day. I also liked that the dining room had a place to drop off carry-on bags during the lunch. But now that the Summit has had its “Revolution,” you can drop off carry-on bags in your room as soon as you board. 

Thanks for the info.  I did search the threads, but they were REALLY old, and you know how things change.

1 hour ago, beverland said:

Thanks for the info.  I did search the threads, but they were REALLY old, and you know how things change.

Following is a link to a thread that addresses the Concierge Class lunch on embarkation day...  Yes, it was started quite some time ago but it resurfaces periodically--in this case, as recently as this past Saturday--and the related logistics [11:30 AM until 1:00 PM in a section of the Main Dining Room] and fixed menu are the same across the fleet/really haven't changed...

Most recently, I did the Concierge Class lunch--for the fifth or sixth time--when I boarded Reflection on 29 November...  It's a very nice--no hassles, comparatively quiet, uncrowded--way to start a cruise...

Edited by Xport
  • Like 1