Live from Edge — Lunch at Eden Cafe

charlielinda

I’m sitting on the outside deck enjoying a carved turkey sandwich which is wonderful.  We are at sea and there are 3000 others on the ship but I’m in quite peaceful hideaway with six others reading and watching the sea go by.  It is absolutely amazing.  Sssh ... don’t tell anyone.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Hush!  Eden is wonky!  Those infinite verandas were an epic design fail!

Thanks alot h!!!

Please remind me that I want to sail with you sometime on The Edge...

bon voyage

Thanks Bo.  Every time I turn around there is something “different” ... takes a bit of time to get used to it but then I’m ok.  I came with an open mind and some excitement.  Everyone had different expectations, likes and dislikes.  I travel for new experiences and the Edge is a new experience.  I was on the Magic Carpet earlier relaxing ... now that a difference I can embrace.  

Edited by charlielinda
  • Like 3

Looking forward to sailing on the Edge in four weeks and Eden cafe is on my short list of things to try asap for breakfast, lunch & pre-dinner cocktails!   My husband will love the brownie!  

We are going with an open mind and lots of excitement to try something difference.   I’m sure there are things we will miss from the S-class ships, but there will likely be things we miss from the Edge when back on a S-class ship too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

There's no charge for breakfast, lunch and brownies, is there?

Not at all, unless you want to tip the workers for providing a(nother) great eating experience!

bon appetit and bon voyage

Marilyn would’ve loved that you found this spot, and that you were enjoying a sandwich, and, at the suggestion of a fellow cruiser, a brownie.  She would’ve loved that you shared this sweet moment with us, and she would’ve known that because of this thread others were likely to do the same (me!).  Thank you for posting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Is the food at Eden included or extra cost?  EM

Not at the venue upstairs where the bar is located, yet it is extra cost in the lower dining room for dinner.

bon appetit and bon voyage

5 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Marilyn would've loved this thread!

Agree.... She  mapped all the cabins, and almost every nook and cranny of the ship.  Patiently researched and answered questions..offered fair opinions,  and probably led  the way for many improvements/ innovations..plus the Art and Design Tour. ( still have to finish my review)

Vtcruiser...Marilyn........The premier EDGIE!  She will be missed! Wish we could get a reading area  on EDGE dedicated in her memory!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"patiently" is the correct word.

Edge was out over a year before I decided that I was interested in her, so I asked questions that had probably been asked many, many times before.

Vtcruiser (Marilyn) was so kind and, yes, patient with me.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, charlielinda said:

I’m sitting on the outside deck enjoying a carved turkey sandwich which is wonderful.  We are at sea and there are 3000 others on the ship but I’m in quite peaceful hideaway with six others reading and watching the sea go by.  It is absolutely amazing.  Sssh ... don’t tell anyone.  

TOO LATE., you already did.

next time you wouldn’t be able to get a seat.🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅