Anyone Currently on Jewel?

44 minutes ago, normannna said:

It's really not good how RCI treat non US passengers sometimes

I did the Jewel Suez Cruise and follow this thread.

For European it doesn’t make any difference if you book at US, European web or onboard - the reservation is transferred to your ‘European office’ following European terms.

when I have been on cruises with price drops I have either got an upgrade to match the price I have paid or OBC to compensate. The upgrade might have changed with the introduction of Royal Up. Have not experienced big price drops at my latest sailings.

Enjoy you Dubai sailing.  

2 hours ago, G2G said:

Price drops are never honoured in the UK, so I guess it is a UK thing 😞

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Only time they will honour price drop is if you have booked a cruise whilst on board.

This is taking the thread off topic but...

I have queried this in the past with Executive Guest Relations and have had the UK T's &C's clarified in writing:

The first change made on a booking can be done free of charge, whether this be a name change or category change, however if any further changes need to be made, the admin fee of £35.00 per person will be applicable. If the change of category on a booking results in a change of cruise fare, only the admin fee is waived, not any additional charge applicable.

Having said this, these changes will not result in having to cancel and re-book a sailing, provided all other elements of the booking remain the same (ship and sail date).

The information you have received regarding a change of stateroom is incorrect as your deposit does not need to be forfeited.
If you request to change your stateroom number prior to travel, provided the new stateroom number is within the same category booked, this can be amended free of charge at any time up to 7 days prior to the sailing date.

Please note that there may be restrictions on what categorical changes can be made depending on the promotional Terms and Conditions that you are booked under.   If it was on a guarantee basis, you are not permitted to change your stateroom within the same cost as the category is based on a special reduced rate

This policy has not changed in our booking Terms and Conditions.

Notes:

The above clarification was given in 2016

If there has been a price drop you can upgrade to the next category and just pay the difference - if any.

37 minutes ago, hallasm said:

when I have been on cruises with price drops I have either got an upgrade to match the price I have paid or OBC to compensate. The upgrade might have changed with the introduction of Royal Up. Have not experienced big price drops at my latest sailings.

That has been our experience also.

Exception is if you book with NextCruise onboard, you can get the price drop even with a GTY booking. You are supposed to get additional benefits but it is a very grey area and needs clarification.

I honestly think in the UK it's done on a case by case basis depending who you speak to. Last Jan I booked a guarantee balcony cruise for May on the website, cabin was assigned within a couple of weeks. A month or so later there was a price drop of £100 pp. I called on the off chance and after speaking to a supervisor they said I could have the lower price but would have to go back into the guarantee pool (no problem). I said I was really surprised to get the new price and was told it was because the booking terms for the new price were exactly the same as when I had booked (no offers). Someone else on our roll call was also able to get the same drop.

I know next time I might not be so lucky.

I’ll try to update you as best I can.

Just a note regarding the drunks bad behaviour and the wearing of football  shirts there have been no problems whatsoever with any of that on this cruise.

The £199.00 brigade of which we are extremely lucky to be part of have been on good behaviour.

So

Anchored off Sir Bani Yas Island last night and all was well and quiet.

We had our tender tickets ( number one so were well pleased )

Got up his morning had a quickie ( breakfast ) and then at 08.15 the captain comes on and announces that due to it being windy he didn’t feel it safe for us to go ashore 😒

So we would stay at anchor then proceed to Abu Dhabi later.

At about 10.00 we started to move away.

Then at around 11.00 captain comes on again and that due to a medical emergency we will be making top speed to Abu Dhabi and hopefully arrive about 19.30.

I’m sorry I have no other information on the medical emergency.

As we really had nothing better to do the weather wasn’t particularly good we had an excellent leisurely lunch about a couple of hours or so in Chops Grille which was so good as was the service we will probably skip dinner tonight.

Days 4 and 6 are formal but maybe this changes depending on the itinerary as I’ve said on an previous thread our itinerary has changed twice probably three times now and I’m not convinced this is the normal set up.

It was the usual as seems nowadays dinner jackets lounge suits trousers and shirts and the ladies nice evening dresses cocktail dresses jump suits etc etc etc.

As we had a particular bad day in Bahrain we did not get off and explore Doha but enjoyed an empty ship and lovely weather in “ our “ normal spot on deck.

However the cruisers I spoke to said that Doha was very impressive clean and safe.

Maybe have to explore next time.

Our Russian friends apart from one extremely loud man ( you always get one ) have been excellent and we have enjoyed there company.

Diamond lounge is still very good and they have definitely put a lot of effort into it after the first nights shambles.

• Like 2

Norwich Cruiser, I'd like to add my thanks too. We'll be onboard next week and beginning to wish we'd never booked it - not because of the political issues but various reports about the onboard experience. This sounds a lot more promising.

Yes, thanks for the updates. For some reason Jewel isn't updating her position.

It would be good if you are allowed off the ship this evening. I hope the storm that is currently impacting the area isn't affecting you too much or turns out to be as severe as is forecast.

Bobal, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Edited by icsys

Happy to here everything is going not so bad, I was thinking of cancelling everything but reading all of this is making me considered otherwise...so will probably be on the Jewel january 27 as plan ;-). Thank you for all your comments and updates , greattly appreciated.

Your french canadian soon to be Diamond Plus friend ;-)

To anybody who has this cruise booked from our experience this week ok the weather may have been a little disappointing but we’ve had and are still enjoying a good cruise please don’t cancel we are sure you will enjoy it.

We definitely given the opportunity another year will be coming back.

In fact we have three days land based in our return but wish we’d booked a back to back it certainly would have been no more expensive.

Still I’m sure we’ll enjoy our three days at the end.

Look forward to reading other folks thoughts and experiences of the cruise in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Would have happily booked a B2B, especially at current prices, but a shortage of time off prevents it.

Can't complain, we have a cruise on the Anthem and a B2B on Freedom later in the year.

2 hours ago, JPR61 said:

I paid just over £38.00 pppd plus 18% gratuity.  Hope this helps. I booked it yesterday. 

Strange, its been £41.80 (+ the 18%) every day this week in our cruise planner.

24 minutes ago, icsys said:

Would have happily booked a B2B, especially at current prices, but a shortage of time off prevents it.

Can't complain, we have a cruise on the Anthem and a B2B on Freedom later in the year.

Strange, its been £41.80 (+ the 18%) every day this week in our cruise planner.

Must be different on all sailings, just checked at its still showing on mine as £38.76.

We arrived in Abu Dhabi at 19.30 last night to our unload the medical emergency.

We berthed out of town and no one was allowed off.

During the night the ship moved berths and at 08.00am today everyone had to go through UAE border control before getting off.

Unfortunately it’s cold and drizzly here at present hoping the weather improves as the day goes on.

6 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We arrived in Abu Dhabi at 19.30 last night to our unload the medical emergency.

We berthed out of town and no one was allowed off.

During the night the ship moved berths and at 08.00am today everyone had to go through UAE border control before getting off.

Unfortunately it’s cold and drizzly here at present hoping the weather improves as the day goes on.

Thanks for keeping us informed on the situation, Norwich Cruiser. Shame the weather hasn’t been perfect but hey it’s horrible here in the Lakes! I had a mishap a few days ago and ended up with a bad break of my upper left arm😟 so need some warm sun to help get better, I’m right handed so will still manage my 🍸 cocktails, 9 days to go then 3 weeks on board! Bring it on😂Enjoy your stay and hope the weather picks up. Dianne