Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
outatouch0

What's the deal w Kids sail free & 60% off advertisement

Recommended Posts

I have seen these adds before and there is a current one. When I try to book this (paying attention to blackout dates) the deal doesn't materialize. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prices they quote already include the 60% off.  Kids must be 12 or under and there are a lot of dates that are blacked out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they quoted the original price before they deducted the 60% off nobody would give it a glance. By doing it this way you are lured into believing that you will be given 60% off of the quoted price. It works the same way for the drink packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, outatouch0 said:

I have seen these adds before and there is a current one. When I try to book this (paying attention to blackout dates) the deal doesn't materialize. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

What sailing are you looking at? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked a cruise with kids sail free.  It is such an awesome deal.  However, there are lots of blackout dates and only certain sailings are part of the deal.  Here's the terms and conditions:

 

Kids Sail Free applies to new bookings made between December 27, 2019 – January 31, 2020. Kids Sail Free provides free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger as of cruise departure date, booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests in a triple of quad-occupancy stateroom. Kids Sail Free applies to 4-night or longer Alaska, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, CaribNE, Coastal, Europe, Hawaii, Repositioning and all 2020 Serenade of the Seas sailings departing between January 27, 2020 - December 17, 2020 and January 8, 2021 – May 17, 2021. Offer excludes 2020 President’s Day sailings (Sailings between February 14 – 17, 2020), 2020 Spring Break sailings (Sailings between March 14 – 23, 2020), 2020 Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between April 3 – 17, 2020), Peak Summer (Sailings between May 15 – August 31, 2020), 2020 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 21 - 28, 2020), 2021 President’s Day Sailings (Sailings between February 12 – 15, 2021), and 2021 Spring Break and Easter sailings (Sailings between March 13 – April 4, 2021). Taxes, fees, and port expenses are additional and apply to all guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mack44 said:

I just booked a cruise with kids sail free.  It is such an awesome deal.  However, there are lots of blackout dates and only certain sailings are part of the deal.  Here's the terms and conditions:

 

Kids Sail Free applies to new bookings made between December 27, 2019 – January 31, 2020. Kids Sail Free provides free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger as of cruise departure date, booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests in a triple of quad-occupancy stateroom. Kids Sail Free applies to 4-night or longer Alaska, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, CaribNE, Coastal, Europe, Hawaii, Repositioning and all 2020 Serenade of the Seas sailings departing between January 27, 2020 - December 17, 2020 and January 8, 2021 – May 17, 2021. Offer excludes 2020 President’s Day sailings (Sailings between February 14 – 17, 2020), 2020 Spring Break sailings (Sailings between March 14 – 23, 2020), 2020 Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between April 3 – 17, 2020), Peak Summer (Sailings between May 15 – August 31, 2020), 2020 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 21 - 28, 2020), 2021 President’s Day Sailings (Sailings between February 12 – 15, 2021), and 2021 Spring Break and Easter sailings (Sailings between March 13 – April 4, 2021). Taxes, fees, and port expenses are additional and apply to all guests.

 

yea I read all that thinking that was where i went wrong the last time i tried it. What sailing were you able to book and get this pricing?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, outatouch0 said:

I have seen these adds before and there is a current one. When I try to book this (paying attention to blackout dates) the deal doesn't materialize. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

 

When you book a kids sail free cruise you do not get the free kid AND the 60% off. It's either one or the other.

 

Mock booking for the Harmony Feb 2 2020.

 

3 adults in cat 1C cabin $3897 with 60% off

 

2 adults 1 kid cat 1C $3629 with kid sail free but no 60% off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

 

When you book a kids sail free cruise you do not get the free kid AND the 60% off. It's either one or the other.

 

Mock booking for the Harmony Feb 2 2020.

 

3 adults in cat 1C cabin $3897 with 60% off

 

2 adults 1 kid cat 1C $3629 with kid sail free but no 60% off.

You most certainly do get the 60% off and it is combinable with the Kids sail free.

 

You are only seeing a small difference in price because the fare for 3rd and 4th guests on that particular sailing is only $268.

 

411EA3C3-5929-4D9B-BA8F-ACAD348C8D98.png

363FEC45-4592-4511-8960-EC930E3847B3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You most certainly do get the 60% off and it is combinable with the Kids sail free.

 

You are only seeing a small difference in price because the fare for 3rd and 4th guests on that particular sailing is only $268.

 

411EA3C3-5929-4D9B-BA8F-ACAD348C8D98.png

363FEC45-4592-4511-8960-EC930E3847B3.png

 

My apologies for the incorrect info. It didn't show up like that when I did it online.

 

It didn't break it down like your page did. Just said kids sail free - $2019.00 and no mention of 60% off. 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

 

My apologies for the incorrect info. It didn't show up like that when I did it online.

 

It didn't break it down like your page did. Just said kids sail free - $2019.00 and no mention of 60% off. 🤐

Those screenshots are from the site that travel agents use and provide a much better breakdown of the actual costs. It’s unfortunate that Royals consumer site cant provide a better breakdown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only good way to find a Kids Sail Free cruise is to go to the "Deals" page, find the promotion and click "Book Now." This will limit the search results to only cruises with KSF.

 

This link should take you straight to the right search page: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?icid=rtlwvf_conten_dc._dealsp_sec1ti_3088&ksf=true&promoId=132841

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, outatouch0 said:

I have seen these adds before and there is a current one. When I try to book this (paying attention to blackout dates) the deal doesn't materialize. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

 

I created a new thread yesterday on this subject regarding a current booking i have. DW and I are traveling with our 3 kids April 2021 and saved $2600 with the KSF promo from what i originally booked at. The promo does work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, outatouch0 said:

 

yea I read all that thinking that was where i went wrong the last time i tried it. What sailing were you able to book and get this pricing?

thanks

 

I just booked a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan, PR in Oct 2020.  We were able to get the kids sail free discount in addition to the BOGO 60 off 2nd guest, and whatever stateroom deals they were offering at the time.  It saved us lots of $$. A couple of years ago, I booked a Mediterranean cruise in May with the kids sail free deal. 

 

I also booked a 2 person room for my parents for both of these cruises and the only difference between what we pay is the taxes and fees for the kids, so I know the deal is real.

 

What cruise are you trying to book and dates? Maybe someone here could try to steer you in the right direction, 

Edited by mack44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my favorite deal that I always watch for! I haven’t been able to come out as cheap with any other promo. But my kids have to skip school 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all of the replies. I have been following them from my email account. You all have been very helpful!

much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...