9-Day Kyushu Spring Flowers on Diamond Princess on March 15th- Few Questions

oceanle

I would like to know the following questions and I've posted the itinerary below: 

1. When we sail from Yokohama, are we able to see Mount Fuji from the ship while sailing from the below itinerary?

2.  Is there any way to visit Hiroshima during one of the below ports and if so if there is a tour company someone can recommend?

3.  I have 3 post nights after the cruise.  I would hoping to visit Osaka/Kyoto and Tokyo.  Could I do 1 night Osaka/Kyoto and 2 nights in Tokyo or just do 3 nights in Tokyo and skip Osaka/Kyoto?  If there is a private tour company that could arrange it, love to hear your thoughts.

4. Has any one taken this itinerary in March and recommend any of the excursions offered by Princess?

5.  Are there many flowers that bloom in March?  

6. Anything else I should know?

Cruise Start March 15, 2020

Destination Arrives Departs
Sunday Yokohama   5:00 PM
Monday At Sea    
Tuesday Aburatsu 7:00 AM 4:00 PM
Wednesday Hakata 12:00 PM 10:00 PM
Thursday Busan 7:00 AM 6:00 PM
Friday Sasebo 7:00 AM 6:00 PM
Saturday Kagoshima 7:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sunday Beppu 9:00 AM 4:00 PM
Monday At Sea    
Tuesday Yokohama 6:30 AM

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you can see Mt Fuji while in port.  We just returned from 14 day Singapore to Japan, disembarked in Yokohama,  and I was very surprised that I could see it from my port side balcony but even better from deck 15 and it was a very hazy morning.

Hi,

I  have been to Japan twice on land.

There is no guarantee you will see Mt Fuji. It really depends on the weather!

I think that with 3 extra days you can visit either Tokyo or Kyoto/Osaka(although I'd just do Kyoto)

Tokyo is larger than NYC . I prefer the more traditional aspects of Japanese life so prefer Kyoto and its surroundings. I'd read about each city and think about what you'd like to see do and choose between them that way.

Your cruise is around the island of Kyushu while Hiroshima is on a different island called Honshu.

The cruise starts and ends in Yokohama .That city is a good hour or more south of the Narita ,tokyo airport. It is farther from Kyoto but fast trains can easily get you to either city.

More later as I have company arriving.

• Like 1

People joke that Mt Fuji is very shy as it hides behind clouds most of the time. If it's clear, you should be able to see it from ship. It was not clear when I went.

I'm sure at least one or more of your ports will be in full bloom. Link below will gives forecast and then live reports when the blooms start. 

https://www.japan-guide.com/sakura/

• Like 1

I see this is your first post on Cruise Critic. I would encourage you to join your fellow passengers in the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic for this sailing and post your question in Discussion.  We have not been to Japan, but others in the Roll Call have.  

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1