New Celebrity promotion

Slyfox16

16 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Knowing this sale was starting today, last night I did a mock booking for a March 2021 Apex cruise.  The price with four perks did drop by about $250 PP from yesterday.  Still more than I want to pay, but depending on the sale under which you booked, there's probably the opportunity for some people to save.

As can be concluded from several earlier posts, if you booked during the Veterans Day or Black Friday sale (or any other "value-added" promotion), you might not save anything with the new promotion - but do a mock booking to be sure. However, if you have a "standard" booking with no or two perks, it would definitely be worth it doing a mock booking to compare with the current price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I check pricing every morning, and the cost for my cruise went WAY up this morning for the promotion.  The price has increased $1,000/pp since the veterans day sale.  A $2000 increase is just NUTS!!!

I agree in my earlier post my 2021 cruise went up hundreds more than when I booked. X is doing what many retailers do, raise prices then offer 50% discounts on merchandise. X should be ashamed for this no deal promo.

4 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

As can be concluded from several earlier posts, if you booked during the Veterans Day or Black Friday sale (or any other "value-added" promotion), you might not save anything with the new promotion - but do a mock booking to be sure. However, if you have a "standard" booking with no or two perks, it would definitely be worth it doing a mock booking to compare with the current price.

Yes, and to add many who hear the word 'sale' will want the sale to apply to them or their booking(s) which is not always the case.

Most sales are geared to potential 'new' bookings, IMO and if the rest of us who booked at a price we were happy with at the  time get a break along the way... we are happier.

We, sometimes, forget how commerce works from time to time, especially when selling a 'discretionary' product.

From my experience many other cruise lines operate in the same manner and advertizing. It is all about getting that extra passenger aboard.

bon voyage

• Like 1

Has anyone found how to get this promo priced online.  When I select the best value with 3 perks it prices a refundable deposit which doesn't qualify for the 4Perks.   The online TA websites which usually show all the pricing options don't show it either.

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Has anyone found how to get this promo priced online.  When I select the best value with 3 perks it prices a refundable deposit which doesn't qualify for the 4Perks.   The online TA websites which usually show all the pricing options don't show it either.

When I checked this morning on the website I got two options tabs, 3 perks and 4 perks. It was a refundable deposit like you saw too.

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

When I checked this morning on the website I got two options tabs, 3 perks and 4 perks. It was a refundable deposit like you saw too.

But with the 2 tabs if you select 4 perks there is additional cost.   Another case of Celebrity coming up with a pricing scheme their IT department can't even support!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I actually just updated my post.  I forgot to calculate the cost with the 4 perks so it is up $1,000/pp, and now that you mention it, I forgot Celebrity was offering the OBC too during that sale that I have on my booking.  

I guess people must be drinking the "kool-aid" and paying these prices.  

I originally booked a CC in August then added 4 perks plus 200 obc with veterans day sale. A week later ocean view verandah dtopped $300 below CC and after reading too many negatives on the IV decided to book one of these verandahs. So in actual fact yes giving up afternoon canapes and bubbly; already Elite so dont care about the extra 2 points per night. We would have liked the embarkation lunch but not worth $300 IMO.  I always do my math and put a lot of thought into what I'm losing and gaining. 

Its all a game with figuring out the prices.  The AQ I have for the Reflection on Nov 23 is about 2400 higher than what I paid.  Dont expect to be able to get any better than I already have, its a group rate so that also discounts.  I do check on each sale just in case but my last 3 cruises i have not had to shift at all from my initial booking,   only thing I did any adjusting on is with excursions which move around a lot I noticed.  But this one I am doing more off ship excursions.  

24 minutes ago, Kingkonig said:

We were pricing out cruises last night.  Turns out we should have gone ahead and pulled the trigger.

Up another $500 minimum, but at least the beverage package is the premium one now?  

The "Double Savings" promo is supposed to return Jan 23 but you never know what will happen with the price between now and then.   Wave season is proving to be pretty disappointing.

• Thanks 1

As Bo mentioned, I don’t think savvy cruisers with existing bookings are the target market for Celebrity’s current (or indeed any) promo sale.  The word “Sale” just makes people interested in booking think they are getting a great deal.  If they don’t know what the price previously was then they will think they are getting a great deal.  Same with any purchase. 

Checking prices/sales can indeed sometimes result in a lower fare or added perks.  But there’s no reason to think Celebrity is being deceitful in their advertising/pricing.  Caveat emptor. 

The pricing is totally bizarre.

I've tried 3 mock bookings - the first on the UK sites (different promos) and then, having turned my works VPN on, on the US site.

All are for 2 passengers in a 2D cabin on Reflection on 2nd Nov 2020

UK SIte;

No perks but promos of $200 OBC, (£300 NRD)  £4068 (~$5290)

2 perks + $200 promo OBC (£300 NRD) £4618 (~$6000)

4 perks (£300 NRD) no mention of the $200 OBC £5278 (~$6860)

US Site:

"Lowest Price"

1 perk ($900 NRD) $4627

4 perks ($900 NRD) $5027

"Best Value"

3 perks (refundable deposit) $5835

4 perks (refundable deposit) $6605

The 4 perks with the NRD seems to offer the best value and be the focus of the actual promotion. The 4 perks with the refundable deposit to to be worst value $780 more than the 3 perks for $300 OBC (lowest value perk on 11 night with $15.50 per day grats) and $264 CBP to PBP upgrade ($12 per day for 11 days for 2 passengers)

Just looked at our Nov 6 Equinox. Price for 3 perks in lowest price Concierge cabin would be $750 pp higher than 1 perk. 4 perks not offered. Didn't specify if NRD but I stopped at the page showing the price of my mock cabin selection. No thanks! 

Edited by mayleeman

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

The "Double Savings" promo is supposed to return Jan 23 but you never know what will happen with the price between now and then.   Wave season is proving to be pretty disappointing.

Ah, thank you.  We're looking to go on our first Celebrity cruise - NCL is just getting too expensive for the product they offer (I mean even right now Celebrity's 9 day is cheaper than an NCL balcony 7 day).

Just trying to maximize savings!

2 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Exactly.  We booked under the Veteran's Day promo, and our April Edge cruise under this promo is ridiculous--over $1900 higher with less OBC!  Every promo since the Veteran's Day sale has been a higher price.

3 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Exactly.  We booked under the Veteran's Day promo, and our April Edge cruise under this promo is ridiculous--over $1900 higher with less OBC!  Every promo since the Veteran's Day sale has been a higher price.

Same for our 2021 cruise booked on black Friday, nothing since but higher costs even with today's Promo. I guess we bought at the right time for the right Promo.

We booked on board in December for Edge in November 2021.  I called this morning and got the fourth perk added (and upgrade from Classic to Premium beverage package) for no change in price.  Pleased with this outcome. 

The algorithm programmers are certainly creative. It's amazing how differently each promotion affects different types of bookings. 

When the Veterans Day promo came up, we were able to slightly improve total value on one cruise and substantially improve value on three others. I emailed a CC friend, recommending that she check her bookings (3 were the same cruises as mine, but in suites). The sale did her no good whatsoever. With the next promo, she saved a substantial amount of money by rebooking, and she reached out to me to check mine. I did, and I would have been much worse off under that promotion. 

It's frustrating to have to check each reservation each time there is a new promotion, but I suppose that is a pretty wonderful problem to have. 

Just received the email from Celebrity for the new promo.  I wish they would have a group fact check these communications.  As you can see it says Classic Beverage Package.   The T&C lower down confirm that it is really Premium Beverage Package.

image.png.f01470c842e297b318f5f9b90e0a3cb0.png

5 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

For my mock-booking, I chose the "left" offer with one perk and the lowest price, and on the perk choice page, I could change to the 4 perks tab at an increase of 140$pp (7-night cruise), which matches the promotion of four perks at the prevailing price of two perks. I had no 2 or 3 perks tabs, only 1 perk (ie. cruise-only fare) and 4 perks (ie. at the price of two).

I guess some you get lucky with and some you don’t, 2 of the 3 cruises we have booked or are looking at have increased hugely over the last few weeks since we first booked/upgraded during the veterans days sale promo, the furthest away booking (Apex TA 2021) Only went up $144 CAD today but for that we got the 4th perk ($300 USD) and the premium drinks upgrade ($336 USD) so On this occasion we are happy cruisers 😎

18 minutes ago, MR_T said:

I guess some you get lucky with and some you don’t, 2 of the 3 cruises we have booked or are looking at have increased hugely over the last few weeks since we first booked/upgraded during the veterans days sale promo, the furthest away booking (Apex TA 2021) Only went up $144 CAD today but for that we got the 4th perk ($300 USD) and the premium drinks upgrade ($336 USD) so On this occasion we are happy cruisers 😎

I upgraded with 4 perks during veterans day sale but a week later price dropped again and promo was still on. It was actually the last day of promo so lucked out. 

• Like 2