From onboard Rotterdam

garydm

Very strong winds off Venezuela resulting in very  rough ride last night which the Captain says will continue for 12 more hours.  This is one of those drawers coming out and then closing experiences.  MDR had areas that were deserted last night.  Having breakfast in Neptune as the walk to the Lido could be dangerous.

Told this is typical but they say it normally lasts only 3-4 hours.

Gary

4 hours ago, garydm said:

Very strong winds off Venezuela resulting in very  rough ride last night which the Captain says will continue for 12 more hours.  This is one of those drawers coming out and then closing experiences.  MDR had areas that were deserted last night.  Having breakfast in Neptune as the walk to the Lido could be dangerous.

Told this is typical but they say it normally lasts only 3-4 hours.

Gary

Sorry about the rough seas.

It can be typical, indeed.

Hope the seas smooth out for you quickly 🤞

Being geographically challenged I earlier said we were off Venezuela but we are off Colombia. 

Still rocking with the occasional big jolt.  I understand the Captain is awaiting word from Seattle on a possible schedule change.

Gary

28 minutes ago, garydm said:

Being geographically challenged I earlier said we were off Venezuela but we are off Colombia. 

Still rocking with the occasional big jolt.  I understand the Captain is awaiting word from Seattle on a possible schedule change.

Gary

You’ve had quite the cruise!

They have cancelled tomorrow’s scheduled stop in Aruba due to the high winds as we are making only 11 knots.  Seems a little better or we’re getting used to bouncing around.  Took Meclizine again tonight.  I’m not much of a believer in pressure point wrist bands but am wearing them.  One poor lady was in the Neptune this morning in her robe looking green and asking for saltines.

Our most difficult task has been figuring out the times for the games tomorrow as we have been through 3 or 4 time zones.

With  the absence of people in the MDR service has picked up.  I had the snapper tonight and it was rather tasteless.  Other 3 had the scallops and they were tasty.

Gary

• Like 1

Nice night. Appreciate the captain maintaining a lower speed which results in less vibration and rocking.

Seas were relatively calm this morning but seems the chop is picking up.

Breakfast in Pinnacle which was good as always.

Gary

In Curacao today.  Saw all I wanted in a couple hours and when I tried to board was told “there was an incident on the island and we have closed the port.”  Local security locked all from boarding or leaving the dock for about 30 minutes.  The Captain then arrived and we were allowed on board in about 10 minutes.  Hot wait.

Brothers birthday so doing the wine pairing dinner tonight.

Gary

1 hour ago, garydm said:

In Curacao today.  Saw all I wanted in a couple hours and when I tried to board was told “there was an incident on the island and we have closed the port.”  Local security locked all from boarding or leaving the dock for about 30 minutes.  The Captain then arrived and we were allowed on board in about 10 minutes.  Hot wait.

Brothers birthday so doing the wine pairing dinner tonight.

Gary

I’ll say it again, you’ve had quite the cruise!

Hope all goes well with your brothers birthday celebration!