Antigua VIP Tours vs. Lawrence of Antigua

garubes1985

POST ONLY REPLY IF YOU HAVE DONE EITHER OF THESE TOURS 😉

Deciding between Antigua VIP Tours (4-5 hour) Gold Tour for $90 pp.  OR  Lawrence of Antiqua Tour for $50 pp.

We'd like to see the sights of Antigua but also spend some time at Turners Beach.

Both will take us through National Park and Rain Forest.  

VIP Tours includes a beach stop,  Devil's Bridge, and, park admission fees, "small complimentary bar drinks".  They would drop us off at Turners Beach after the tour but we're not sure there will be time for that since  the tour is 5 hours.

Lawrence Tours does not include admission fees to park ($8 pp) but his tour is 3 hours (excludes Devil's Bridge) and would take us to Turners Beach for a few hours and then back to the cruise ship.  

Would like to hear from cruisers who have done one of these tours.  Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

We did Lawrence's tour and were satisfied. There was a small hiccup at the beginning with someone who was supposed to be in our group but expected it to be a private tour somehow, and they did not join us, so it was just four or six of us. Once that was settled, we got underway and had a nice time. There were complimentary beverages but I think just water/soda. Can't remember for sure. We felt we easily got our money's worth seeing the sights and were happy with the van and the tour. We did not opt for the beach, but that was our choice. Nelson's Dockyard was not accompanied--we were given a tour by a guide from the park, and that was fine. For the price, it was a good excursion.

Thank you so much for your review!  We booked with Lawrence (group of four) and look forward to seeing the sights of Antigua. Your review gave us a much better idea of what to expect!  We appreciate you taking the time!  Happy cruising!

On 1/26/2020 at 1:48 PM, garubes1985 said:

Thank you so much for your review!  We booked with Lawrence (group of four) and look forward to seeing the sights of Antigua. Your review gave us a much better idea of what to expect!  We appreciate you taking the time!  Happy cruising!

You're welcome—I hope you enjoy it.

• 4 months later...

Too late for the OP--hope he was able to take his cruise before the shutdown from the pandemic--but would like to add another vote for Lawrence.  We took a tour with him several years ago.  My husband forgot a tee-shirt he had purchased during the tour on Lawrence's van.  I contacted Lawrence by email and he mailed the tee-shirt back to us at no cost.  That kind of responsiveness and consideration goes a long way--he could have easily just said he didn't find a tee-shirt.  And the tour was excellent as well!

• 1 month later...

We had a group off the ship, we took Lawrence's tour to Long Bay and Turner's nice tour we all enjoyed it. If your a drinker like myself BYOB, actually if you want anything to drink bring it yourself little or nothing much to drink was the only issue I had with this tour. Tour bus was great, beaches were great not much to drink and certainly not enough to drink of anything for all of us. 

Lawrence great tour BYOB. Later Todd

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 7:30 PM, caligirl49 said:

Celebrity just emailed me letting us know that the port of Antigua is only allowing ship excursions and no private excursions are permitted.

Have you cruised there yet on Celebrity?  If so, what did you end up doing?  We are going on the 11/4 Apex sailing.

• 4 months later...

i am just back from Antigua

may I also rec'md my favorite tour guide there to consider...

I found a private tour guide recommended on here that I contacted, used, and was very satisfied with! Had no problems!

His name is Glen Ray

His rates are very reasonable

will take you wherever you want to go!

antiguaGlenmontaxiandtours.com

or glenmon8@hotmail. com

Facebook.comglenroyjoesphtaxiandtours

tell Him Chris Smith rec'md you..

you will not be disappointed

good luck!

• 2 months later...

My husband and I were just in Antigua for the first time (from a cruise) and booked a tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Mr. Lawrence was a perfect gentleman and a great choice. His air-conditioned van is comfortable, clean and in great condition. As we drove he told us all about what we were passing and about life in Antigua. We asked a lot of questions and Mr. Lawrence has a surprising amount of knowledge. We saw rural roads, little villages, stunning scenery and enjoyed a stay at a gorgeous beach.  It was such a pleasure to spend our day with Mr. Lawrence. Based on our experience, I highly recommend this tour and now hope to return to Antigua

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 5:17 PM, Vilyla said:

My husband and I were just in Antigua for the first time (from a cruise) and booked a tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Mr. Lawrence was a perfect gentleman and a great choice. His air-conditioned van is comfortable, clean and in great condition. As we drove he told us all about what we were passing and about life in Antigua. We asked a lot of questions and Mr. Lawrence has a surprising amount of knowledge. We saw rural roads, little villages, stunning scenery and enjoyed a stay at a gorgeous beach.  It was such a pleasure to spend our day with Mr. Lawrence. Based on our experience, I highly recommend this tour and now hope to return to Antigua

A true gentleman Lawrence is the best on Antigua. We did the beach day tour back in Dec.of 18, I've had lotsa fun on Antigua over many years our last tour with Lawrence was top shelf.  Long Bay Beach in the morning, Turner's Beach all afternoon we had a wonderful time, I'm almost positive from now on when I'm on the island keep it simple and go with Lawrence, great bus beautiful drive through the rainforest over to Turner's it's the only way to go.  👍👍

On 5/6/2022 at 9:24 PM, Ashland said:

When it comes to choices....Mr Lawrence soars above all other providers !!!!

He certainly does, Lawrence is a fine man easily one of the nicest tour operators in the Caribbean and I know every dang one of them.😉 I was the first one of our tour group to show up stood on the pier and talked to him for about 20 minutes jeez what a nice man. Can't wait to see him again. I can't wait to get back to Turners.👍👍