Bon Voyage to the 2020 Round the World Cruisers!

JoePDX

On 1/9/2020 at 5:35 PM, JoePDX said:

Other than the Roll Call, I haven't seen one yet.    I hope that cbb (Cynthia) will do one as she did the last time they did a RTW.

Joe

cbb and Mr.Wonderful are doing a blog.  I think I remember reading something where cbb said she wouldn't be doing one on CC like Go-Bucks! did last year. 

Here is the link I have to follow cbb&MrWonderful....

http://drdavebradley.blogspot.com/2020/01/

• Like 4

Following sporadic updates in the ATW in 180 days FB group (Oceania run) someone has posted that the ship has arrived in Cartagena after 4 sea days (KW was a cancelled stop). Apparently the sea was so rough the elevators were turned off. 

More updates as I see them - if anyone is interested. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ToxM said:

Following sporadic updates in the ATW in 180 days FB group (Oceania run) someone has posted that the ship has arrived in Cartagena after 4 sea days (KW was a cancelled stop). Apparently the sea was so rough the elevators were turned off. 

More updates as I see them - if anyone is interested. 

I'm currently on the Island Princess ship...we're one day ahead of the Insignia (both of us are going to Cartagena, Panama canal and Puntarenas). On our sea day before Cartagena (Saturday 1/11) it was so rough...64 knot winds, 11 gale force. One of the roughest rides I've had in a long time. It felt so good to get to Colombia. 

3 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I've had lots of positive feedback from our 2019 ATW Live From thread...sorry to hear she didn't enjoy it.

Why do people read things that they don't enjoy? Here or anywhere. It didn't sing to me so I didnt read it. Easy peasy.

I can't imagine that cbb didn't enjoy your posts, if that's what you mean.  I think she simply said she was doing a different blog for 2020 ATW.

Your posts were Great!  Hope you have a great adventure on this cruise.

Palakika

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, alaskaca said:

Go-Bucks, I need to clarify,  cbb said she wouldn’t be doing something on CC, the reference to your 2019 thread was my using that as an example. I apologize for leaving you with the impression that was from cbb.

Gotcha...thanks for clarifying. 

On 1/9/2020 at 2:27 PM, BigNance said:

Enjoy the SA cruise!  And if you decide to post, many of us won't complain!  I really enjoyed your RTW thread last year.  It was almost like being there (almost...)

N

Thanks...glad you enjoyed it. Waynetor (who did a world cruise on Oceania) is also on this South American cruise and started a Live From thread...I'll probably add to it occasionally. You can find it on the Princess board. So far I'm having a great time! There are quite a few solos and our Cruise Critic roll call solo members have been eating dinner together every night (16-25 each night)...it's a fun group and several have sailed Oceania before and some have done world cruises too.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

1 hour ago, cbb said:

I would never be so disrespectful of another poster that I would ever demean what they wrote here

.Thanks alaskaca and palakika.

Has someone actually done that? Wow.