Oasis neighborhood balcony

Which balcony is better to have on oasis, the central park view or boardwalk? We booked for next summer and will be our first time on an oasis class ship. Wondering which cabin people have liked better? pros and cons to either? TIA! 🙂

• Clarea changed the title to Oasis neighborhood balcony

We stayed in a boardwalk balcony on Harmony of the Seas last November, and I have to say that I really loved it!  We could see ocean from the back of the ship and the aquatheater.  The Boardwalk looked very pretty lit up night.  I can't compare it to a Central Park balcony, but I will tell you that I wouldn't hesitate to book another Boardwalk balcony.  I would recommend booking a cabin as close to the aft of the ship as possible.  That way you can still see the ocean and the aquatheater.  Hope this helps!

I stayed in a Central Park balcony last month.  The only issue was noise from the 

pool areas and the Lime and Coconut bars. The noise seemed more prevalent out

on the balcony than in the cabin with the balcony slider closed.  Big plus was the 

view at night was stunning into Central Park. 

We enjoy them both.

Stayed in Central Park view a few times and loved every one I know others disagree but love the peace and tranquility.

The fabulous views on Central Park the birds singing and in the evenings the lights twinkling plus excellent soft music playing and it’s near to the our favourite Trellis Bar and Park Cafe.

Perhaps we have been lucky but had no issues with excessive heat or air circulation.

Only cruised in Boardwalk stateroom once a completely differs experience but absolutely loved it watch all the action that’s going on down below and the added bonus of seeing the Aqua show and ocean from our balcony.

In either stateroom we were untroubled by any noise nothing from Central Park at all and the music is quite soothing from memory finishes about 22.30 but that time could change depending on sailings.

Boardwalk again we were fine there is the odd late night Aqua show and movie the carousel was usually closed by 22.00 but we were never troubled by any activities or indeed by Playmakers.

We've had boardwalk balconies on Oasis...  loved it (very far aft on Deck 11) because we had a great view of the aqua theater and the ship's wake - so it was wonderful for people watching and we still have the water view.  Didn't book that same cabin again this coming cruise because that wake view was impacted when they installed the Abyss slides.  We found ourselves drawn to the tranquility of Central Park each time we've been on Oasis class, so this time we're booked into one of the double-sized central park balconies on Deck 10.  

Biggest issue people seem to have with neighborhood balconies is the lack of privacy, but that doesn't concern me.  We draw the curtains closed when we dress, and we don't do anything on the balcony that we wouldn't want anyone to see.  No different than living in a city.    CP can get stuffy mid-day in the more humid summer months.  We generally use the balcony in the evening and early morning, so that isn't an issue for us either.  And pool noise doesn't bother us as we don't nap on the balcony during the day.   We do love the central park in the evening - music, lights, atmosphere - so are looking forward to spending time on our balcony overlooking that tranquil setting.  

On Harmony, I booked the upper most and furthest from the rear Boardwalk balcony (port side).  I booked the "same" stateroom for my upcomoing Oasis cruise.  I didn't have any issues with sound from the Boardwalk or from above while on Harmony.

We stayed on deck 10, mid way in a Boardwalk Balcony on Symphony and loved the room.  It's fun to people watch, we could see parts of the Aqua show (but don't recommend watching the show for the first time from here) or the movie on the screen, and could see the water in the background looking towards the Aqua theatre.  It also is a way to get fresh air and check the weather.

Yes, it is a bit noisy at night.  For us, it was a muffled sound and was more noticeable when playing a movie than the Aqua show, but nothing that a pair of ear plugs didn't fix.

We would have no issue booking one again (except that they can be pricey).  

We have a Central Park Interior view booked for the future, but can't comment on it yet (and not a balcony).

15 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

Which balcony is better to have on oasis, the central park view or boardwalk? We booked for next summer and will be our first time on an oasis class ship. Wondering which cabin people have liked better? pros and cons to either? TIA! 🙂

Try and find a CP balcony ending in 229 or 629, they have a doublewide balcony. But avoid the ones on Deck 14 due to pool deck proximity

20191001_113238.thumb.jpg.56a77e9cfb3e1aff561bacaaa1aed703.jpg

Blurred out passengers to comply with posting rules

20200109_133443.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Try and find a CP balcony ending in 229 or 629, they have a doublewide balcony. But avoid the ones on Deck 14 due to pool deck proximity

Blurred out passengers to comply with posting rules

Aren't they next to some crew area?  

Just now, molly361 said:

Yes and you will hear clanging in there early morning..so not suggested if you are a light sleeper.  I can sleep through anything, so it wasn't an issue for me at all.

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

20200108_103114.thumb.jpg.acea9cf5fc9c77ea3e2c7720320dcb50.jpg

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes and you will hear clanging in there early morning..so not suggested if you are a light sleeper.  I can sleep through anything, so it wasn't an issue for me at all.

Yes, its a pantry for room service. We spent two weeks on Oasis, it wasnt that bad, and never late night. We have another one booked for Harmony TA, so it must not have been that bad.😉

FWIW, the noise was worse in 6305 Freedom

Ben & Jerry's Sweet

Edited by John&LaLa