Packing a lunch from the boat for off the boat....

Davis2010

On 1/13/2020 at 6:48 PM, TravelinGert said:

I have driven into Cali regularly in the past. I have seen check points for semi trucks and the like transporting goods into the state. Never saw anything for cars.

I travel regularly into Arizona and fairly regularly into Florida. Again other than check points where they weigh and check vehicles like semi trucks trucking goods in I have never seen a check point for anyone in recent years. Years and years ago driving into Florida I did come on a seat belt check. Any produce I bring is the exact same produce being trucked in on trucks from my home state so I'm not terribly worried.

Edit: Sorry that last sounded flippant. I should have explained I worked at a produce company for years in my home state and we shipped a great deal throughout the US. Any produce I may have carried into other states is from that source and so I am certain regularly carried into that state. Thus I'm quite sure it must not be an issue.

I'm sure the ignorant cow who illegally brought the Medfly's into California on fruit from another country thought the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2