military discounts?

39august

When I get an online quote on my cruise using the military discount, the selected option reduces my cost substantially and shows NRD. Does this mean that only the DEPOSIT is non-refundable?. That is what it sounds like to me. Or does it make the entire fare non-refundable? If it is just the deposit I'll do this in all cases where the savings are substantial. I always book on board so my deposits are small. 

Wow! That is fantastic. We can save a lot of money on some cruises. And since my deposit is only $100 with on-board bookings, there's not much risk at all. I also called Celebrity One Touch and asked this question. I know we can't always trust that reps know what they are talking about, thus I have asked here on CC. She also told me the same: only the deposit becomes non-refundable. 

I would check the fine print in the T & CS.  I.have seen terms on reduced deposits that stipulate that is cancellation occurs that would result in lose of deposit the normal deposit  is what is charged not the reduced deposit.  

We have gotten a miLitary discount in the past with a refundable deposit.  But lately they are pushing NRD and most every discount is tied to a NRD.  

T&C does state that AFTER FINAL PAYMENT full deposit is forfeited.   That seems to be less of an issue if you booked after April 2018 where now the first penalty phase is a straight % of the cruise fare.   Older bookings there were times when it was deposit amount.

How much is the military discount?  Y'all make it seem substantial but mine was $200.. just curious if that's a good deal.  

Also I was told to bring our DD214... other cruise lines have you send a copy before you go.. Am I understanding my agent correctly??

50 minutes ago, Finzo4 said:

How much is the military discount?  Y'all make it seem substantial but mine was $200.. just curious if that's a good deal.  

Also I was told to bring our DD214... other cruise lines have you send a copy before you go.. Am I understanding my agent correctly??

I was told the same thing.. bring my DD 214 with me when boarding... for our particular cruise the military discount was only $100.00.☹️

23 hours ago, 39august said:

When I get an online quote on my cruise using the military discount, the selected option reduces my cost substantially and shows NRD. Does this mean that only the DEPOSIT is non-refundable?. That is what it sounds like to me. Or does it make the entire fare non-refundable? If it is just the deposit I'll do this in all cases where the savings are substantial. I always book on board so my deposits are small. 

NRD:  Non Refundable Deposit.

I believe that the initial booking does only give a $100 pp discount. Some of mine did. However, some that I had not advised of the military discount at booking now show a reduced amount for the cruise. So I am changing those to the military rate. I don't know if the ones I booked initially with the military rate can have a further military discount after booking when that discount is shown. Not all cruises show a military rate after the initial booking.