Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

31 minutes ago, icsys said:

there is a free shuttle from/to the station from the cruise terminal. This has been confirmed by current cruisers.

Thank you for the update, something I have missed. Yes, it actually looks like there is a fee shuttle bus.

“In 2022, Copenhagen Malmö Port (CMP) will offer free electric cruise shuttles in Copenhagen. The shuttle will run between the three terminals at Ocean Quay and the metro station Orientkaj on all turnaround days.

From Orientkaj, cruise guests can take the Copenhagen Metro to the city centre or connect to buses, trains or other metro lines going to Copenhagen Airport or the various neighbourhoods of Copenhagen.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now it is possible to take the harbor buses from Orientkaj to Nyhavn or Refshaleøen or the Opera.
 The harbor bus sails in the period 07: 00-22: 00 and departs every half hour.  The last two departures sail with hourly operation.

You can travel with the harbor buses on same ticket or card as metro and buses (including City Pass or (Copenhagen Card) which is valid in zone 1.

A single ticket for 2 zones for an adult costs 24 kroner.  Tickets can be purchased in the Ticket App or ticket vending machines at Orientkaj station.

6A9F6C94-602B-4618-86B9-4BFA48C3E512.jpeg

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 2

Any thoughts on a Hotel for one night  pre cruise, We have been to Copenhagen  many times. we will have 7 bags. 5 star would be nice .So we will need Transfer to Hotel and Transfer to ship 2 people. In Amsterdam we use a cart for the bags and  stay at a Hotel which is connected to the airport. and the next day go back to the airport with a cart and do a ship transfer .

21 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Any thoughts on a Hotel for one night  pre cruise, We have been to Copenhagen  many times. we will have 7 bags. 5 star would be nice .So we will need Transfer to Hotel and Transfer to ship 2 people. In Amsterdam we use a cart for the bags and  stay at a Hotel which is connected to the airport. and the next day go back to the airport with a cart and do a ship transfer .

Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport ???

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport ???

Clarion Copenhagen Airport  is a nice hotel - I often stay there when I have an early flight out of CPH.  Right next door is the new ‘Comfort Hotel’ slightly smaller rooms.  Both are ‘Nordic Choice Hotels’ - download their app and book through the app.

10 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Clarion Copenhagen Airport  is a nice hotel - I often stay there when I have an early flight out of CPH.  Right next door is the new ‘Comfort Hotel’ slightly smaller rooms.  Both are ‘Nordic Choice Hotels’ - download their app and book through the app.

Thanks for the info we have tons of chase points.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:59 AM, hallasm said:

Now it is possible to take the harbor buses from Orientkaj to Nyhavn or Refshaleøen or the Opera.
 The harbor bus sails in the period 07: 00-22: 00 and departs every half hour.  The last two departures sail with hourly operation.

You can travel with the harbor buses on same ticket or card as metro and buses (including City Pass or (Copenhagen Card) which is valid in zone 1.

A single ticket for 2 zones for an adult costs 24 kroner.  Tickets can be purchased in the Ticket App or ticket vending machines at Orientkaj station.

6A9F6C94-602B-4618-86B9-4BFA48C3E512.jpeg

Thank you that is great info!  Would reasonable size bags be okay (bigger than carry on but not huge).

Edited by majmaj4
clarify
  • Like 1

@hallasmI will be in Copenhagen (hopefully!) for two full days before my cruise in September.  I'm not really a city person, although I do like history.  Could you recommend some day trips to parts of Denmark not often seen?  I am happy to travel via bus or train,  and will be staying (probably) in an AirBnB in Copenhagen so will hopefully get some tips from my hosts as well.  I love seeing the ocean/water, but would also like to explore inland.  Where would you go for a day trip (to a "country" type destination, as opposed to a city)?

3 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

I will be in Copenhagen (hopefully!) for two full days before my cruise in September. 

September is a bit out of season - what activities are available may depend on days of the week.  But here's a little inspiration:

•  Helsingør with Kronborg Castle and the Maritime Museum - ferry to Helsingborg
  •  Hillerød with Frederiksborg Castle and the castle gardens
  •  Roskilde with Viking ship museum and possibly sailing on the fjord with Viking ship
  •  Odense and HC Andersens Museum
  •  Lund in Sweden
  •  Canoe trip on Mølleåen
  •  Boat trip from Copenhagen to the Swedish island of Hven
  •  Do not know if it is possible to get to, for example, Møns Klint or Kullen north of Helsingborg in Sweden.

There are also good hiking opportunities in the forests around the proposed towns.
The above is for inspiration - I would like to elaborate on some of the possibilities further or let me know if you have something specific  in mind.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Wendy-Europe said:

I am looking for the last informations to have proper actual covid results at embarcation and do not find the free test site at parkdeck 5 at Copenhagen airport.

Is it closed?

As the requirement for testing lapses (most recently the requirement for testing when traveling to the United States), test centers close.  
Falck still has a test center in CPH terminal two - for a fee.

Now only ‘Værkstedvej 56’ in Valby - train from Copenhagen City.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your fast reply! We have enough time to go to the Valby Center, it would have been a little bit more convenient at the airport.  We will test in germany too, but there are a few days in between,  so we feeling more safe to have an additional test,  even if it is not necessary to embarc the ship (we think a 3 day old test is worth nothing....).

1 hour ago, Wendy-Europe said:

We have enough time to go to the Valby Center

20 minutes each direction from Copenhagen Central (Hovedbanegården).
It’s 10 minutes by S-Train to Ny Ellebjerg Station and then a 10 minutes walk (800m)

• Thanks 2

Hi

Thank you for all  the great info. Particularly about the buses.  We dock on the Disney Magic,  with a 11.15 disembark time and need to get to the ‘Hey Captain’ boat departure at Ofelia Plads for 12.  Hopefully will catch the 11.30 water bus to Nyhavn. 

Do you think  this doable?   I have no idea of distances. 

Thank you.  

Edited by K8T

1 hour ago, K8T said:

Thank you for all  the great info. Particularly about the buses.  We dock on the Disney Magic,  with a 11.15 disembark time and need to get to the ‘Hey Captain’ boat departure at Ofelia Plads for 12.  Hopefully will catch the 11.30 water bus to Nyhavn. 

Do you think  this doable?   I have no idea of distances

No - it will be very tight going to Orientkaj - 10 minutes by taxi). But you cannot make Nyhavn by the Waterbus in 30 minutes. The only option Is a taxi to Ofelia Plads.

D8F49D3A-62F8-484F-8E82-4A6F5F58DD89.jpeg

13 minutes ago, floridababa said:

Can someone tell me difference between Copenhagen  card and Copenhagen city pass

Former is for free/discounted admission to various attractions along with free travel on city transit

Latter is for transit part only.

What is validity of single ticket on local transit within city (2 zones) (how many minutes)

Does you ticket have to be valid (time wise) for entire journey within zon1/2 or as far as you got on before it expired, it is ok.

This becomes an issue when your transfer is onto a harbor boatbus or city bus which has longer leg