FLL- Holiday Inn Express Cruise/Airport!

CSloan

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale Cruise/Airport?  Any opinions on this place? It seems moderately priced.

They say they have a 24-hour airport shuttle, and are in walking distance to the port (or a port shuttle for a fee).  

We'll be arriving late night on 4/10/20 at about 1230am, and getting on the Sky Princess the next day.  I'm wondering what they mean by "walking distance" to the port.

Thanks, 

Cathy

12 minutes ago, CSloan said:

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Fort Lauderdale Cruise/Airport?  Any opinions on this place? It seems moderately priced.

They say they have a 24-hour airport shuttle, and are in walking distance to the port (or a port shuttle for a fee).  

We'll be arriving late night on 4/10/20 at about 1230am, and getting on the Sky Princess the next day.  I'm wondering what they mean by "walking distance" to the port.

Thanks, 

Cathy

Stayed there a few times with no issues except for slow elevators near the entrance!

Assuming you have very light luggage, you could walk to terminals 2 and 4 on a nice morning but I highly recommend Uber, etc.

The Holiday Inn outsource the port shuttle service to a local company ($8 a person)

Holiday-Inn-Express-Room-1.jpg

Holiday-Inn-Express-Transport-Van.jpg 

14 minutes ago, SteerageJoe said:

Stayed there a few times with no issues except for slow elevators near the entrance!

Assuming you have very light luggage, you could walk to terminals 2 and 4 on a nice morning but I highly recommend Uber, etc.

The Holiday Inn outsource the port shuttle service to a local company ($8 a person)

Holiday-Inn-Express-Room-1.jpg

Holiday-Inn-Express-Transport-Van.jpg 

Thanks!

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th St. many times.  We walked to the Embassy Suites for lunch

on the patio near the pool.  We also walked to shopping and other restaurants.  (This without crossing the busy boulevard.)

One might e-mail to check on renovations.

We have stayed there 3 times, both before and after cruises.  My advice is not to wait for free shuttle.  When we had a late night flight into FLL we waited over an hour for the shuttle.  It never came and we ended up taking an Uber.  Going to the airport the day after another cruise, the shuttle was late.  We ended up taking an Uber to the airport in order to get through security and check bags to make flight.  Flying is stressful enough without worrying about transportation problems.  The front desk personnel, however, has been wonderful each and every time we have been there.  They recommended a great late night pizza delivery when we arrived late.  They helped us navigate the Sun Trolley to do some mall shopping and dining.  Rooms were clean and had been "renovated", but a Holiday Inn Express is just that.  I spend a lot of time in them as a road warrior so my expectations aren't very high.  Beds were comfortable.  Breakfast area was small and crowded.  Get there early or you won't find a place to sit.  Get there late and you won't find much left to eat.  Pool area was pleasant and private when we were there.