Upcoming cruise; Semi Panic; Latest time to board?

denamo

We are very seasoned cruisers and always fly in the day prior. We are flying from deep south TX with very limited flights. We have to change planes in Houston.  Our last cruise flight was cancelled, and we actually had to cancel that cruise because there was no way to get to Florida by the time the ship was leaving even by the next day. Always purchase insurance! First time we've ever had to use it, and it paid off everything!

Now fast forward...Scheduled to leave Saturday morning for a Sunday Allure cruise, and weather once again may be our nemesis.  If we could at least get to Houston, there are a couple of flights that could get us out of there to Florida on Sunday prior to the cruise. I'm no longer watching the Weather Channel since it puts me in panic mode. 😀

My question has never been a concern since we're always in port the day of the cruise.  What time do we have to be on board for a 4:30 sail away?

2 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Typically 90 minutes prior to sailing, so 3PM. 

Thanks so much.  We've never had to have this information for a cruise since we're on long before 90 minutes prior to sail away!

Just now, denamo said:

Thanks so much.  We've never had to have this information for a cruise since we're on long before 90 minutes prior to sail away!

I can fully sympathize, we travel with a friend who lives in Harlingen, and we were on Navigator in September. Due to weather his Southwest flight was cancelled (the day before) and there were no Southwest flights available the next day that would get him to Miami in time. He ended up buying a last minute ticket on AA out of San Antonio, drove from HRL to SAT and caught an early AM flight to Miami the day of the cruise.

8 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I can fully sympathize, we travel with a friend who lives in Harlingen, and we were on Navigator in September. Due to weather his Southwest flight was cancelled (the day before) and there were no Southwest flights available the next day that would get him to Miami in time. He ended up buying a last minute ticket on AA out of San Antonio, drove from HRL to SAT and caught an early AM flight to Miami the day of the cruise.

Small world....that is exactly what we may have to do as well. I was checking Houston, but will keep San Antonio in mind. We didn't do this on our last cancelled flight because the new fare was just too cost prohibitive!  Thank you for the input.