Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
Marronnier

Star Princess Skywalkers bar

Recommended Posts

Hi, We'll shortly be on board the Star Princess for the first time. The Skywalkers Lounge looks like a great place to sit and read or relax during the day. It is, however, listed as a nightclub. Does this mean there is no bar service here during the day? Would we have to bring our drinks from another bar?

 

Thanks for any information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, it s not staffed during the day.  also they use it a lot for private events.  i was able to relax up there frequently on my hawaii cruise, but i was also asked to leave a few times for private events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Marronnier said:

Hi, We'll shortly be on board the Star Princess for the first time. The Skywalkers Lounge looks like a great place to sit and read or relax during the day. It is, however, listed as a nightclub. Does this mean there is no bar service here during the day? Would we have to bring our drinks from another bar?

 

Thanks for any information

Skywalker's is open all day with great views. Most times it closes for a few hours around 5pm for the Platinum/Elite happy hour. Except for special closed events, I have not seen the bar open during the day. Closest open bars are on the Lido deck. The bar opens late evening for the nightclub. The Star may allow smoking in a section Skywalker's. Many Princess ships with Skywalker's do allow this. In choppy seas Skywalker's moves around quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a great place to read and relax--unless a noisy group comes in.  There used to be a sign by the door asking passengers to be quiet, but on our last cruise it was gone so I don't know if the policies have changed.  

We'll be on the Star next month, and DH hopes to be able to read up there.  

 

Edited by FritzG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experiences are consistent with what everyone else has said. But, it is a very nice place to relax and read and take in the specatcular views during the day.

 

I have one additional question for those who have been in a Grand Class Skywalkers recently (it's been awhile for me): do they still allow smoking there at night? They used to, and for that reason it would smell of stale smoke during the day as well. Just curious.  

 

We'll be on the Star in March and looking forward to escaping up there once or twice. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, skynight said:

Skywalker's is open all day with great views. Most times it closes for a few hours around 5pm for the Platinum/Elite happy hour. Except for special closed events, I have not seen the bar open during the day. Closest open bars are on the Lido deck. The bar opens late evening for the nightclub. The Star may allow smoking in a section Skywalker's. Many Princess ships with Skywalker's do allow this. In choppy seas Skywalker's moves around quite a bit.

 

I have never seen smoking in the Skywalker's on any ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote from the Princess Patter, Emerald Princess, February 26, 2019. The Nightclub reference is Skywalker's. I have seen smokers in Skywalker's during our many cruises on Grand Class ships.

"Smoking is only permitted in designated sections of the Casino and Nightclub."

 

Edited by skynight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, skynight said:

Quote from the Princess Patter, Emerald Princess, February 26, 2019. The Nightclub reference is Skywalker's. I have seen smokers in Skywalker's during our many cruises on Grand Class ships.

"Smoking is only permitted in designated sections of the Casino and Nightclub."

 

 

I'll be darned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skywalker's bar service normally starts up at 10:00 PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skynight said:

Quote from the Princess Patter, Emerald Princess, February 26, 2019. The Nightclub reference is Skywalker's. I have seen smokers in Skywalker's during our many cruises on Grand Class ships.

"Smoking is only permitted in designated sections of the Casino and Nightclub."

 

 

Thank you. The last time we were on a Grand Class ship (the CB) was 3 years ago, and I don't recall going up to Skywalkers on that trip. I've noticed Princess has really cut back on indoor smoking areas, and don't believe smoking is permitted in "Club 6" on the Royal and Regal and know it wasn't permitted in "Take 5" on the Sky, so wasn't certain if this might not have changed in recent years with respect to Skywalkers, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

My experiences are consistent with what everyone else has said. But, it is a very nice place to relax and read and take in the specatcular views during the day.

 

I have one additional question for those who have been in a Grand Class Skywalkers recently (it's been awhile for me): do they still allow smoking there at night? They used to, and for that reason it would smell of stale smoke during the day as well. Just curious.  

 

We'll be on the Star in March and looking forward to escaping up there once or twice. 🙂

We were there in September last year and one of the entertainers came in one night with his possey and they all began smoking.....we had no idea it was permitted and quickly left.....found out it was permitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...