Exciting announcement

Pirateguy

46 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Dame Jane McDonald is going to "sing..." at the Iona Fest thing

HRH Dame Jane McDonald of Wakefield (to give her full title) Will be announced as Godmother of Iona, write the theme tune, sing the theme tune and play the theme tune (She is an accomplished organist to boot!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

HRH Dame Jane McDonald of Wakefield (to give her full title) Will be announced as Godmother of Iona, write the theme tune, sing the theme tune and play the theme tune (She is an accomplished organist to boot!)

She is in Bournemouth on the 3rd and Bristol on the 5th. Every other week she has a show on the Saturday.

30 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Indeed - Ms McDonald seems to have more of a tie-in with Royal Caribbean these days.

This is nothing at all to do with this thread so please forgive me for a little waffle …. but I do often wonder why she never goes on a P&O cruise --- unless they won't let her on ! (On the Christmas episode the ship she was on was never talked about and its name blotted out .. it was like 'guess the cruise line!) ……...

Edited by Presto2

25 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

This is nothing at all to do with this thread so please forgive me for a little waffle …. but I do often wonder why she never goes on a P&O cruise --- unless they won't let her on ! (On the Christmas episode the ship she was on was never talked about and its name blotted out .. it was like 'guess the cruise line!) ……...

If it was the one aired just before Christmas to Croatia etc, it was the Silver Shadow. 

I know this as our ta sent an offer saying 'as seen on TV tonight with Jane Mcdonald'.. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

If it was the one aired just before Christmas to Croatia etc, it was the Silver Shadow. 

I know this as our ta sent an offer saying 'as seen on TV tonight with Jane Mcdonald'.. 

Andy 

Oooooooo, they let the cat out of the bag then. Never heard of it. They obviously didn't want the publicity. It was very bizarre. Have just had a look at their site - very nice ! Looks like she has just had a refit so am wondering if the company didn't want to show her post refit.

Thanks for answering that puzzle :-)

Back to the OP ;-)

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Indeed - Ms McDonald seems to have more of a tie-in with Royal Caribbean these days.

Yes when I looked to see what she was doing, there was something about RCI and getting her fans to go in September. It was the header but I didn't read the rest.

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Yes when I looked to see what she was doing, there was something about RCI and getting her fans to go in September. It was the header but I didn't read the rest.

Received the email and as it had no sound - thought it was my laptop, but reading above gives the indication it's not!!

Probably trying to get us all excited before announcing her godmother (who nobody's heard of?)

Edited by purplesea

On 1/11/2020 at 11:58 AM, Presto2 said:

Oooooooo, they let the cat out of the bag then. Never heard of it. They obviously didn't want the publicity. It was very bizarre. Have just had a look at their site - very nice ! Looks like she has just had a refit so am wondering if the company didn't want to show her post refit.

Thanks for answering that puzzle 🙂

Back to the OP 😉

I thought it was a Silversea ship but didn't know which one.  They seemed to go to great lengths to hide everything about the ship name and line. It is very strange that they didn't want the publicity.  I wonder if there was some sort of disagreement between the line and the production company. 

• Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 12:13 PM, emam said:

She's headlining a cruise aboard RCI's Anthem OTS in September.  The publicity is that she has sort of chartered it but there is also a company called "Floating Festivals" involved.  According to their website, inside and ocean view cabins are sold out.  Obstructed view balcony cabins start at £1499 with non-obstructed £100 more.  £12.50 pppd service charge not included.  She's doing two concerts plus "An audience with" show.  Three ports and 3 sea days.  No inclusive drinks other than coffee, tea and juice so not cheap!

20 minutes ago, Britboys said:

She's headlining a cruise aboard RCI's Anthem OTS in September.  The publicity is that she has sort of chartered it but there is also a company called "Floating Festivals" involved.  According to their website, inside and ocean view cabins are sold out.  Obstructed view balcony cabins start at £1499 with non-obstructed £100 more.  £12.50 pppd service charge not included.  She's doing two concerts plus "An audience with" show.  Three ports and 3 sea days.  No inclusive drinks other than coffee, tea and juice so not cheap!

As an aside, the offer for the Silver Seas cruise mentioned before was from £2999pp for 7 nights... 

Andy 

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

As an aside, the offer for the Silver Seas cruise mentioned before was from £2999pp for 7 nights... 

Andy 

I'd love to go on Silversea Andy - maybe if I get a big payout from Ernie one day 😁.  I have been lucky enough to have dinner and drinks on one that was berthed beside Tower Bridge in London a few years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I'd love to go on Silversea Andy - maybe if I get a big payout from Ernie one day 😁.  I have been lucky enough to have dinner and drinks on one that was berthed beside Tower Bridge in London a few years ago.

When my lottery numbers come up, we can have adjoining suites... 😊

Andy 

• Haha 2