Booking Alaska 2021

I haven't booked a lot with Royal, but they have a cruise to Alaska in 2021 I'm looking at and would like to book, but I'm not familiar with their promos   I don't see any promotions to go along with the sailing.    Do they generally offer things like OBC or beverage packages like some of the other cruise lines?    I need connecting cabins, so I don't want to wait too long.    I thought I read there was a Wave sale coming up.

7 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I haven't booked a lot with Royal, but they have a cruise to Alaska in 2021 I'm looking at and would like to book, but I'm not familiar with their promos   I don't see any promotions to go along with the sailing.    Do they generally offer things like OBC or beverage packages like some of the other cruise lines?    I need connecting cabins, so I don't want to wait too long.    I thought I read there was a Wave sale coming up.

OBC typically only when you book on board a ship. I have not seen where they include perks like Celebrity does.  

Edited by Tulsacoker

5 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

Royal has not offered perks such as beverage packages, gratuities, etc.  The most you might get is some OBC, but as mentioned above, you can reprice and get the perks if they get added sometime before final payment date.

9 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I need connecting cabins, so I don't want to wait too long.  

I am the type that if i find the cruise and especially the cabins i want available I book it then (life is too short) . You don't want to be regretting cabin choice especially going to Alaska  

• Like 1

Ditto all of the above.  My experience is that the sooner you book the better your overall price is likely to be.  We have had two experiences where we got a reprice and a lower price after our initial booking. However, both were booked over 18 months in advance.  For everything else the price just goes up and up and up. If you see the cruise you want nail it down now, if any deals come up between now and your cruise you can reprice.  Unfortunately though, Alaska cruises are very popular and not often will you find any price decreases as you get closer to the sail date.

Which ship and sail date are you looking at?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

9 nt Radiance May 12, 2021.

3 minutes ago, 3213dev said:

We saw the itinerary and just had to book this one 🙂

I booked in November. 🙂 

This will be my 2nd time on Radiance.  The 1st time was March 26, 2001 (the very 1st revenue sailing of Radiance).

Edited by Another_Critic