Rude Chair Hogs

charlielinda

I’m on the Edge and sitting in the Solarium right now looking at Grand Cayman.  I’ve been in the same lounge chair since 10:30 am.  When I arrived there were three chairs to my left with water, a daily and Celebrity Bag on them — and no one around.  My husband and I would leave for a few minutes to go into the pool or grab an ice cream cone.  About 3:00 pm I was going to have the pool attendant remove the “stuff” but didn’t.   Just now at 4:30 pm three people just showed up and had been in Grand Cayman all day!   Not only that we’re talking loudly and making a phone call.  I so wanted to say something but my husband is sitting next to me and would kill me if I started something.  

Please, if you recognize yourself from my description above stop doing this.  I can’t believe they saved chairs and left the ship!    

• Like 1

There is no point in sitting there stewing. After an hour of non attendance and if others obviously couldn’t find seats, then a quick nod to the attendant would have sorted it. On Equinox for chairs that had been ‘saved’ they would place a note on the chair and if that hadn’t been moved they would clear the chair. It’s not worth making the challenge yourself. If there were other seats available then really it’s not a problem. 

• Thanks 1

We cruised Royal Caribbean in December. One sea day we were in the solarium when a couple came in and sat in the loungers next to us. They sat a portable speaker on the floor and turned up their music so loud you could hear it all over the solarium. Officers and staff of every description and level walked by, looked at it and kept walking. That was a first for me!!!!!! 

8 minutes ago, packedandready said:

We cruised Royal Caribbean in December. One sea day we were in the solarium when a couple came in and sat in the loungers next to us. They sat a portable speaker on the floor and turned up their music so loud you could hear it all over the solarium. Officers and staff of every description and level walked by, looked at it and kept walking. That was a first for me!!!!!! 

But did you say something to the staff? Maybe the staff that just walked by thought everyone was enjoying. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Is there another kind of chair hog?

Yes and they’re called Chair Bullies.

They are the ones who sleep till noon and then come to the pool area and expect there be a chair there for them and if not, bully their way to making you move.

Ive seen these more than chair hogs over the years

16 hours ago, charlielinda said:

I’m on the Edge and sitting in the Solarium right now looking at Grand Cayman.  I’ve been in the same lounge chair since 10:30 am.  

Please, if you recognize yourself from my description above stop doing this.  I can’t believe they saved chairs and left the ship!    

I think the bigger issue is that the cruise is over and it still bothers you. 

DA648247-2D26-4967-98A7-6DC14F1E776F.gif

Edited by Iamcruzin

16 hours ago, Pushka said:

There is no point in sitting there stewing. After an hour of non attendance and if others obviously couldn’t find seats, then a quick nod to the attendant would have sorted it. On Equinox for chairs that had been ‘saved’ they would place a note on the chair and if that hadn’t been moved they would clear the chair. It’s not worth making the challenge yourself. If there were other seats available then really it’s not a problem. 

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think the bigger issue is that the cruise is over and it still bothers you. 

DA648247-2D26-4967-98A7-6DC14F1E776F.gif

Seriously?   The bigger issue is people like you that feel the need to mock others on cruise critic for venting after a bad experience on a cruise.  The OP was simply sharing an insight which is what these boards are for.  

Be nice and keep your cartoons to yourself!