Jump to content

Wait or am I too late?


styme123
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

I think your big question is can you trust EZ Air. 

Yeah, I have heard positives and negatives about using EZAir. The negatives about rerouting planes with long stop overs or worse missing your cruise all together have me thinking, I don't know if I should take a chance or not. Again, I don't know if those other people's negative experiences would have been the same if they didn't go through Princess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Love-to-ride said:

Just looked at Norwegian air for your dates, round trip in economy  with a carry on one check bag and seat assignment for 540.40 per person non-stop. 

I saw that too but their reviews on TA for the most part were not good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, styme123 said:

I saw that too but their reviews on TA for the most part were not good.

For goodness sake - its 7 hours in a plane! You've already lost the chance to get a good price, because you thought it was too expensive! 

What exactly are you wanting - a private jet for $200 !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, styme123 said:

Yeah, I have heard positives and negatives about using EZAir. The negatives about rerouting planes with long stop overs or worse missing your cruise all together have me thinking, I don't know if I should take a chance or not. Again, I don't know if those other people's negative experiences would have been the same if they didn't go through Princess. 


EZAir does not reroute the planes--if your flights change, it's the airline doing it, not EZAir.  EZAir is basically serving as a booking agent and (usually) provides a discount.  While I haven't used EZAir because we haven't sailed Princess, we've used Choice AIr (for RCCL brands) numerous times without any trouble.  We've had flight time changes, and flights switched, but again, that's the airline.  Choice Air helped us when weren't happy with how our flights had changed.  You'd have to check EZAir's T&Cs, but Choice Air's T&Cs says it will help make arrangements to get you to the ship.  I think you're being overly pessimistic regarding booking through EZAir.

We have also never had to pay any additional fees beyond the price quoted when we purchased our tickets, but we've never had a flight booked on British Airways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

For goodness sake - its 7 hours in a plane! You've already lost the chance to get a good price, because you thought it was too expensive! 

What exactly are you wanting - a private jet for $200 !

I think you missed what I meant in my OP, I have a cheap rate already on hold through EZAir, but was curious if airline prices change the way cruise prices do. I guess I shouldn't bother watching the rates, I'll just go with your jet suggestion. You don't have to reply to the question if your going to be nasty or snide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, styme123 said:

I think you missed what I meant in my OP, I have a cheap rate already on hold through EZAir, but was curious if airline prices change the way cruise prices do. I guess I shouldn't bother watching the rates, I'll just go with your jet suggestion. You don't have to reply to the question if your going to be nasty or snide.

 

Sure did miss that.  You wrote:

 

On 1/10/2020 at 10:52 PM, styme123 said:

 I do also have back up EZAir through Princess for pretty cheap but that doesn't include unknown fee prices. TIA for any feed back or suggestions you may have.

 

Take your cheap rate.  The overall thrust of your postings seems that you want to squeeze the last bit out of any pricing.  You've gotten some good advice, and it's time for you to make your decision.

 

One last suggestion...read the terms and conditions of EZAir closely.  Then make a commitment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, styme123 said:

curious if airline prices change the way cruise prices do.

 

Yes.  Airline prices fluctuate constantly, largely in response to supply and demand.  You may see general trends, but it will always vary.  Airlines use complicated algorithms to determine when and how often to release, or not release, seats in various fare buckets, and how many to release when they do.  You will never outguess an airline algorithm so don't try.  You may get lucky but it's just that- luck.  Anything in the $400-500 range like you saw earlier is fantastic for a transatlantic flight in the the summer, and even the $700 range is pretty darn good, so personally I wouldn't hesitate at this point.   They could go lower again, but they could also go higher.

My standard answer to "should I buy now" is this:

If you are thinking of waiting for prices to drop lower than they are today, ask yourself this:  Are you willing and able to pay a higher price if you wait and the price goes up instead of down?   If you answer yes, then you can gamble if you want to, cross your fingers and wait.  If you answer no, then buy now, assuming of course that you are willing and able to pay the current price.  If you aren't willing and able to pay even the current price, then you have no choice but to wait and hope prices drop, just understand that if they don't, you will have to cancel your entire trip, so be sure to make a decision before the deadline for canceling the cruise itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

 

Yes.  Airline prices fluctuate constantly, largely in response to supply and demand.  You may see general trends, but it will always vary.  Airlines use complicated algorithms to determine when and how often to release, or not release, seats in various fare buckets, and how many to release when they do.  You will never outguess an airline algorithm so don't try.  You may get lucky but it's just that- luck.  Anything in the $400-500 range like you saw earlier is fantastic for a transatlantic flight in the the summer, and even the $700 range is pretty darn good, so personally I wouldn't hesitate at this point.   They could go lower again, but they could also go higher.

My standard answer to "should I buy now" is this:

If you are thinking of waiting for prices to drop lower than they are today, ask yourself this:  Are you willing and able to pay a higher price if you wait and the price goes up instead of down?   If you answer yes, then you can gamble if you want to, cross your fingers and wait.  If you answer no, then buy now, assuming of course that you are willing and able to pay the current price.  If you aren't willing and able to pay even the current price, then you have no choice but to wait and hope prices drop, just understand that if they don't, you will have to cancel your entire trip, so be sure to make a decision before the deadline for canceling the cruise itself.

Thank you for your response. I decided to book my tickets today through the airlines directly. I guess I'll see how it all plays out in the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

Who knows - If things turn out badly with Corona virus, prices for international travel may drop to the bottom.  Or travel might be halted  for a while 🤔

 

Some airlines are starting to end flights to China, but it needs to get a lot, lot, lot, lot worse to end global air travel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2020 at 11:46 PM, styme123 said:

Thank you for your response. I decided to book my tickets today through the airlines directly. I guess I'll see how it all plays out in the end. 

The price of my ticket dropped by close to $300 pp yesterday. I guess I got the answer to my original question. Yes, the prices do drop again after they have been going up and up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 1/11/2020 at 5:52 AM, styme123 said:

In the beginning the flights were around $450/500ish but now they are $730ish.

 

53 minutes ago, styme123 said:

The price of my ticket dropped by close to $300 pp yesterday. I guess I got the answer to my original question. Yes, the prices do drop again after they have been going up and up.

 

Sometimes they do drop again. And sometimes they just keep going up and up. That's how this game is played. Just like on the stock market, you have to ask whether you think that today's price is acceptable to you.

 

What is particularly unfortunate is when someone decides that $400 is not an acceptable price for their ticket and so they don't buy one. But when the price goes up to $700, suddenly they think that that is an acceptable price and they pay it. It's the reverse of what one would expect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

 

They CAN drop again.  It doesn't always happen.  I'm glad you got lucky, just don't assume it always happens that way.  🙂


I'm not sure OP got lucky--January 13th post #38 said they were going to book their tickets that day through the airline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...