Celebrity Edge - western Caribbean 19 jan 2020

Chrissy J

3 hours ago, Chrissy J said:

I am trying to find out if there are any evening chic nights on this cruise and do people dress up ie dinner suits, tuxedos etc

c - there will be two (2) Chic Nights on sailings of seven (7) nights.

Most people will dress Country Club Casual (see X's website for great input on this), there will be a sprinkling of 'formal' dress and a sprinkling of 'less than' Country Club Casual. Those who may not want to dress at the minimum level those nights may avail themselves of OVC.

Some passengers prefer to be in a Specialty Dining venue those nights as well.

I Am sure other sage (or more) CC'rs will chime in on this...

Enjoy and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

28 minutes ago, mafig said:

When is the first  chic night on this itinerary?  I know it's usually first day, but we're in Key West the first day, then there's a sea day.

You should be able to find it on the app.  Next week it is Day 2.  My guess it will be day 3 for you.

On 7 day cruise you will have 2 Chic nights.   Generally the first Sea Day and the Last Sea day are Chic night.

Dress wise  it varies by destination but generally in Suite Class I see about 60+% of men wear jacket with or without tie up to and including Tux.     I generally suggest you dress comfortably and they way you would if you went out for a nice dinner.   You will see everything from Blue Jeans to Kilts. 

Our experience has been that Caribbean itineraries are the most casual even on chic nights (except perhaps Alaskan itineraries).  But you will see a vast range of dress so wear whatever makes you happy and are comfortable in (within Celebrity’s guidelines).  

On 1/11/2020 at 6:24 PM, NCHPcruiser said:

Our experience has been that Caribbean itineraries are the most casual even on chic nights (except perhaps Alaskan itineraries).  But you will see a vast range of dress so wear whatever makes you happy and are comfortable in (within Celebrity’s guidelines).  

I agree completely with the above.  Even on our recent trips to Europe!  

I see a lot of men in Tommy Bahama type shirts with nice slacks, women with dressy pants or long skirts with a dressy top.... Along with lots of men in sport coats, some suits and some ladies in lovely long dresses. It's a perfect time to get some 'formal' like pictures. 

But I also see a lot of people dressing as they do every other night.   

Celebrity gives you the opportunity to dress up a bit if you like, but it has become more and more what YOU want to wear.