Half Moon Cay Beach Cabanas

fatbob66

31 minutes ago, fatbob66 said:

What is the difference in the "colors" when picking a cabana @ Half Moon Cay?

No difference except that the cabanas are located along the HMC beach and HAL needs a way for people to choose a location ... so HAL has designated each cabana with a different color.  Suggest you check one of the available "maps" that shows the location of each cabana along the beach.

Edited by avian777
  • Thanks 1

We reserved a cabana in November and the person at shore excursions was a newbie and couldn't answer the questions I had.  I picked the blue cabana but later realized (from a photo I happened to see) that it was right beside the pirate ship.  I was able to cancel and pick the pink cabana which was located further down the beach.  For us it was the perfect location.  I am not  sure if HAL has a map showing the location on the cabanas, if not then they should have.  (I was never shown one, and yes I did ask)

• Thanks 1

While I wouldn’t want to be right next door to the Pirate Ship, being within close walking distance makes a restroom readily available. We just got of the Koningsdam and rented the purple cabana. The reason for that choice ... my wife’s favorite color!!!  We liked it. Close enough to the pirate ship, but not right on top of it. Other than being right next door to the ship, it seemed to us that every cabana was fine. If we go again, though a little pricey, we would probably do it again. Shady and rather private. The appetizers were fun as well as the water and soft drinks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nursemommy7578 said:

I will be creating an up to date exact map with colours and numbers after our cruise. It should not be so difficult lol. All I can currently find are outdated maps and none that show both colour/number. 

Here's something I found online a few years ago - it shows a picture of each cabana AND the cabana's Number.  As you will notice, the cabanas start with "Grey #1" at the upper (East) end of HMC and proceed Westerly down the beach to "Mauve #15" at the end.  Hope this helps.

Half Moon Cay Cabanas.jpg

Edited by avian777
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, avian777 said:

Here's something I found online a few years ago - it shows a picture of each cabana AND the cabana's Number.  As you will notice, the cabanas start with "Grey #1" at the upper (East) end of HMC and proceed Westerly down the beach to "Mauve #15" at the end.  Hope this helps.

Half Moon Cay Cabanas.jpg

Fabulous. But clearly many people have not been able to find this.  Is there a link?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nursemommy7578 said:

Fabulous. But clearly many people have not been able to find this.  Is there a link?

Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly where I found this picture and only saved it as a .jpg file, so I do not have a "link" to it.  IIRC I spent many hours doing online searches and reading countless articles before I stumbled on this collage.  Wish I could be of more help.

• Thanks 1

Here is a really great post that identifies the color number combos of the cabanas on HMC. There is a map that is easily googled that shows where they are and where they sit in relation to the various other parts of the island and the large villas.

Edited by fatcat04
  • Thanks 1