Family with kids Liberty, Enchantment, or Majesty?

Aloha! We are a family of 6 with 4 children ages 12, 10, 8, and 4. We were planning to book Majesty of the Seas out of NoLa in Sept 2020, but are also looking at Liberty of the Seas or Enchantment of the Seas out of Galveston. We have only cruised with Holland America, and are looking for something more activity filled now that our children are older. 

Liberty no question. Great ship and much newer than the others. I would not be tempted by Majesty’s low prices, it is a very old ship that has tiny cabins and very limited amenities. I’m shocked they have her doing itineraries with so many sea days. 

• Like 2

Without hesitation go ahead and book Liberty.  It has the best Kids water play area, best waterslides (I loved tidal wave, exclusive to Liberty), most activities and is an overall larger and funner ship for families.  Nola might be a little better pre and post cruise but there is tonnes to do in Houston as well as Galveston that should make for a great holiday.

• Like 2

Absolutely Liberty!    It has so much more to offer and it’s the perfect size for kids that age!   We were on Liberty in 2017 - my kids were 6 and 10.   Great slides, great splash pad, great kids club, and the perfect size to give them freedom to go off together to get late night pizza and bring it back to our room!    We have been on Navigator, Liberty and Symphony and Liberty was our favorite!!  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Absolutely Liberty!    It has so much more to offer and it’s the perfect size for kids that age!   We were on Liberty in 2017 - my kids were 6 and 10.   Great slides, great splash pad, great kids club, and the perfect size to give them freedom to go off together to get late night pizza and bring it back to our room!    We have been on Navigator, Liberty and Symphony and Liberty was our favorite!!  

This. My kids are grown and I would still vote for Liberty over the other 2 ships for kids!

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 2:57 PM, AlohaPride said:

We are also interested in which embarkation port would be better as we will be spending a few days pre and post cruise there. 

Houston Space Center is also a nice visit right up the road from Galveston. 

• Like 1

Just note on Liberty that the height requirements for the water slides are much higher than on some other lines, for example Carnival, so make sure you and your kids know what they'll be able to do.    Even the tiniest slide (not including the diaper area) had a limit of 42", and our 4-yo and another we met were quite upset that there were no slides for them, but there were for both bigger and smaller kids.

Edit: official link https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/are-there-restrictions-for-pools-water-slides-or-flowrider

I pulled this information from a blog post somewhere into the planning documents for our cruises.  I don't know how up-to-date it is:

The Tidal Wave slide on Liberty of the Seas has a max per passenger weight of 250 pounds, and a combined raft weight of 450 pounds.  Guests need to be at least 100 pounds and 52 inches tall to ride.

The Perfect Storm water slides require guests to be 48 inches tall to ride.  There are weight maximums as well, which seem to vary depending on the ship.  On Liberty of the Seas, guests may weigh a maximum of 300 pounds. On Adventure of the Seas, guests may not weigh more than 250 and 220 pounds (depending on the slide).

Splashaway Bay's water slides require kids to be at least 42 inches to ride.

Edited by psujmatt
  • Thanks 1