Cruise Critic Community
Difiroa676

Dining with 9 at same table on Connie

Hello to all!

Short question: this summer we will be cruising on the Constellation. We are 9 people (6 adults and 3 children), will we be able to sit together at one big table at the MDR (select dining) or in the buffet area?

Tnx for the info!

If you look at the section where you can make reservations for select dining there is this information.

" Reservations for parties of 8-10 guests should email celebritydining@celebrity.com (please allow 3 business days for a response). Due to limited space, we cannot accommodate parties larger than 10 guests. "

I would suggest you contact them to make reservations.   In the buffet there are some areas where you should be able to sit adjacent or pull tables together if available.

In the buffet, there will be no issue.

Yet in the dining room, I recommend that you have two (2) tables and get them adjacent to each other pending on the ages of the children.

Recently on The Edge, we found that service can suffer with food and beverage delayed due to large parties. That is if you do not mind this inconvenience.

It will put a strain on the service staff to accommodate everyone timely and you may not be happy.

If you still choose to all sit together at one table in the MDR, go easy on the wait staff and sommelier....

bon appetit and bon voyage

Our first cruises on Celebrity, we always picked early fixed dining, but after a couple of tables with people we wanted to avoid, we changed to Select dining (we love that).  While doing fixed dining, we once had a table for 10 and the problem was that if you wanted to talk to someone at the other end of the table, you could not hear them or converse.   Still, a large table like that might work.  A table for 8 works well since it is round.  A table for 10-12 will be a larger rectangular table.

Thanks for to quick replies!

And @Bo1952: on holiday, in summer, on our first cruise... i don't think we'll be stressing out too much if we have to wait a while 😉😎

It will be no problem even in my time dinning 

on the Infinity Fall TA , There was 8 of us, we had the same table every night 

we did not Do reservation before the cruise 

There are always 7 persons in our party and we do tend to prebook online for Select prior to the cruise. I would contact the above reservation dept. if you want to eat at a certain time each evening with the children. At least then you will not be worrying about a long wait for a table to accommodate you all.

Hi there,

Through the cruise planner I was able to make reservations for the select dining (for the nine of us).

As you suggested, I contacted Celebrity and I received this response:

'...must see The hostess in the open dining.'

So I guess I'll have to go to the main dining room on embarkation day.