Why is Regal heading to Freeport right now?

mizLORInj

What are they going to do in a week I wonder?  I figured it was some sort of maintenance, but one week isn't very long for a dry dock.    Not a complaint---something will be refreshed before I board next month!    🤩

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

What are they going to do in a week I wonder?  I figured it was some sort of maintenance, but one week isn't very long for a dry dock.    Not a complaint---something will be refreshed before I board next month!    🤩

Unlikely they're doing anything more than standard drydock, ie inspect and scrape the hull, paint, etc. Maybe some new carpets or soft furnishings installed, but that would be about it. With a week, there's no time to change any venues or such.

Excuse the VERY non-technical answer but I just got off Regal and the staff captain said while they’re in wet dock this week they’re having a new “tower” installed that does something to improve the environmental impact of fuel burning.  They already have one and now they’ll have two.  

I’m sure they are doing other stuff as well but that’s what he mentioned at one of the talks on the ship.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ilovetexas said:

Excuse the VERY non-technical answer but I just got off Regal and the staff captain said while they’re in wet dock this week they’re having a new “tower” installed that does something to improve the environmental impact of fuel burning.  They already have one and now they’ll have two.  

I’m sure they are doing other stuff as well but that’s what he mentioned at one of the talks on the ship.

That's what we were told in Dec plus the crew said they doing lots of cleaning that usually isn't done each week. 

It should be a clean ship on Jan 19th. 😁

Oh btw- they did say it was a "wetdock"

Edited by MissP22

Depends on what they are doing. I was on the Pacific Princess last May. After the cruise she was going into drydock in Freeport.

In San Pedro, they were all ready loading supplies on board before we got off. One of the crew said they were bringing on 400 workers to complete the 2 week drydock.

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Wet dock

It sure is a wet one !

image.png.75c8523f0e5de845a292618b170e61ad.png

56 minutes ago, Tasha999 said:

I’m on the January 19th sailing.  I wonder if the cabins will be ready earlier since no one is disembarking that day.

Absolutely.

They've been very good at getting the cabins ready even if passengers are leaving in the same day.