What is cheapest someone bid to get upgraded from Balcony to Haven?

The Cruiseman 1

There is no definitive answer to this.  On many cruises the Haven sells out, so even a max bid won’t be successful.  If there is availability, it depends on how many other people are bidding and what their bids are.  Simple as that.    Some people report that they win their bids with a minimum bid.  I remember a few of those are moves within Haven rooms though i.e. going from a 2 bedroom to an OS.  From a balcony to the Haven, it could happen with a minimum bid but would be very very unlikely.  If you look at availability of the Haven on your cruise and then bid what you feel comfortable with, that would be your best gauge of what your chances are.  On a few cruises I have bid to go from a balcony to the Haven and have never been upgraded.  Everyone I talked with on those cruises also did not win their bids.  Typically if I want to cruise in the Haven, I book a Haven room outright.

I have placed bids but only to go from one Haven category to another.  I was under the impression that a standard balcony room would only be offered the opportunity to bid on categories twice higher than the current booked accommodation.  I may be way off on that and plenty of people have more experience with this.  Have you checked out the thread called, "What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid?"  There are pages and pages of info and data in this thread.

On another note, I've never waited for the bidding process to conclude because have been lucky enough to score the Haven category I wanted by just watching the prices.  Check the rates often and if you see the category you want and it is within the range that you would be willing to pay, just jump on it and not wait for the bidding process to play out.  A warning though...once you try the Haven, it's very hard to go back.  

32 minutes ago, The Cruiseman 1 said:

We are currently in a Balcony room and was curious what would be the least amount someone has bid and won an upgrade to an Haven cabin?  Would love to experience the Haven but not if over $1k per person!

If $1K is your ceiling, make a $1K bid. It is highly unlikely to win, but it is worth a shot. 

As others have indicated it's timing of your cruise, and I'd add destination & demographics. We were able to upgrade outright from Spa mini suite to Spa Haven for $1500 total for 16 nights on Nov Epic TA. We could have upgraded to 2 bedroom for same price. I didn't hear of anyone winning a Haven bid and it seemed the cabins were booked/upgraded as the prices dropped. This was an unusually low price point for Havens so assume most folks booking this cruise were seeking bargain rates. Also minimal children or families onboard, who I expect typically book the larger 2 bedroom cabins. Of note: our upgrade price was lower than shown on the website so going forward I encourage those interested to call NCL for a quote as you may find it even cheaper than bidding.