Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Bgwest

Distilled Water

Recommended Posts

Will be on the Emerald out of San Pedro next month and wondering about the availability of distilled water. This is not for use with a CPAP machine but for another medical condition which requires my wife to use about 16 oz per day. 

I hate the thought of buying and hauling aboard that much water for a 28 day cruise. 

Is distilled water available onboard? If so, how much should I expect to spend for it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice would be to phone Princess and ask the question and either record the answer or get them to email you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can request distilled water in the personalizer.  I don't think there is a cost.  I don't know if there is a limit to how much you can request.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I request it in my personalizer for my DH.  No cost.  When running low, ask your steward to bring another gallon.  We've never had a problem getting more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

You can request distilled water in the personalizer.  I don't think there is a cost.  I don't know if there is a limit to how much you can request.  

There is no charge. Just go into the cruise personalizer and fill out the medical form. Princess will respond within a day or so and confirm that they will supply the distilled water to your stateroom. I have a CPAP machine and have never had a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes request it through your booking.

Stewart will bring it once onboard if its not there already when you arrive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes request it through your booking.

Stewart will bring it once onboard if its not there already when you arrive.

I finally found the section in the personalizer about distilled water. I checked the box and made the request. No medical form to fill out but, the check box was very clear that it was ONLY (in caps) for cpap machines. Worried I might have an issue. 

New to the language. soory but who is stewart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

I finally found the section in the personalizer about distilled water. I checked the box and made the request. No medical form to fill out but, the check box was very clear that it was ONLY (in caps) for cpap machines. Worried I might have an issue. 

New to the language. soory but who is stewart.

Even though it says CPAP they will still provide.

They dont check if you bring your CPAP or not.

Stewart alias for Room Steward.  😉 Its a Cruise Critic thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Even though it says CPAP they will still provide.

They dont check if you bring your CPAP or not.

Stewart alias for Room Steward.  😉 Its a Cruise Critic thing.

ahhhh, got it. Thanks very much.

Stewart. Ha. that's neat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Northumberland said:

There is no charge. Just go into the cruise personalizer and fill out the medical form. Princess will respond within a day or so and confirm that they will supply the distilled water to your stateroom. I have a CPAP machine and have never had a problem.

 

Sorry, I was going from a bad memory. It's not called a medical form.

This is the form to look for in your personalizer.

 

 

Dietary Restrictions

The following are available with a written request: 

*Contact’s Email Address
*Dietary Restriction for  Alvin Graham Sharon Graham Joyce Horvath 
*Check which restriction(s) you would like to make
Kosher meali
Baby foodi
Food allergyi
Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)i
Vegetariani
Low salt/Low sodiumi
Diabetic/Sugar-free mealsi

Send Dietary Restriction

 

Edited by Northumberland
spell check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all. Submitted the request on Sunday and received the approval today. Nice!!

There was no mention of quantity to be provided. It just said to ask Stewart (I got the lingo now!) once on board. Throughout the length of the cruise I've calculated we will need about 3.5 gallons. 

It is all brought at the same time or as needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Thanks all. Submitted the request on Sunday and received the approval today. Nice!!

There was no mention of quantity to be provided. It just said to ask Stewart (I got the lingo now!) once on board. Throughout the length of the cruise I've calculated we will need about 3.5 gallons. 

It is all brought at the same time or as needed?

Usually a gallon at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Thanks all. Submitted the request on Sunday and received the approval today. Nice!!

There was no mention of quantity to be provided. It just said to ask Stewart (I got the lingo now!) once on board. Throughout the length of the cruise I've calculated we will need about 3.5 gallons. 

It is all brought at the same time or as needed?

 

I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue.  If they say anything, a trip to guest services to speak with the hotel director will most likely do the trick.  I know some cruiselines make you pay for it and it is about $4 a gallon.  Hauling it with you should never have to be a consideration.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've needed distilled water on a couple of trips, and never bothered pre-arranging. I just asked Stewart when we first met him/her and the jug showed up very quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did get an email before it was approved to confirm it was for a CPAP, but as you said it was already approved.  If they question once you are using it, just state it is for a medical reason.

 

The nice thing about pre-requesting it, as that the steward already knows you need it and you don’t have to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 6:33 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Even though it says CPAP they will still provide.

They dont check if you bring your CPAP or not.

Stewart alias for Room Steward.  😉 Its a Cruise Critic thing.

 

No it is your thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, Bgwest said:

Will be on the Emerald out of San Pedro next month and wondering about the availability of distilled water. This is not for use with a CPAP machine but for another medical condition which requires my wife to use about 16 oz per day. 

I hate the thought of buying and hauling aboard that much water for a 28 day cruise. 

Is distilled water available onboard? If so, how much should I expect to spend for it? 

Just ask them, I ordered it for a CPAP and they sent me this to confirm, just tell them your medical need and I am sure they would supply it

 

image.png.eec0226cb9c85b1fe7a6ac7bcae16b08.png

 

image.thumb.png.8dc98d002c39259ea2b1f80d4c8e4ac7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered 2 gallons for our 15 day cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The emailed response I received said simply:

Good afternoon,

Please be advised your request for distilled water is confirmed, please review the distilled water information in the Cruise Personalizer. Once onboard, please contact the stateroom steward to request delivery of the distilled water.

Kind regards,
Dietary Coordinator
 

No hoops for me to jump through. 

Thank you again, all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...