Laundry Promos on 2 Week Bliss

Heronymous

We normally do B2B 7 day cruises which we're normally able to predict the laundry promotion timing from dailies posted from previous sailings.

We're going on the 1/19 2-week Bliss cruise at the end of the week and since it's not a normal itinerary we're trying to figure out the best timing for when to use the platinum promo.

Is anyone familiar with the timing and frequency of laundry promos on a 14 day (not 7 day B2B) itinerary?

Maybe I misunderstood the Platinum Promo for laundry.  I thought it could be used any day that you desire.  You simply mark "Platinum" on your bag.  At least that's what I think it says on the Platinum coupon book we had last week.  I didn't use that perk, so can't be certain.  I don't think you have to rely on when the ship runs the promo for non-Platinum guests.

19 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Maybe I misunderstood the Platinum Promo for laundry.  I thought it could be used any day that you desire.  You simply mark "Platinum" on your bag.  At least that's what I think it says on the Platinum coupon book we had last week.  I didn't use that perk, so can't be certain.  I don't think you have to rely on when the ship runs the promo for non-Platinum guests.

Yes, you are correct. Just to clarify, what I mean is on a two week cruise (two 7 day B2B)  I typically do laundry once a week and since it's technically two separate cruises I would get a free bag each week.

That isn't the case on an actual 14 day itinerary, I only get one free bag so I want to space it out so I do laundry on the $20 promo day and not waste my free bag right before it unknowingly requiring me to pay full price for the second bag and going bankrupt. 🙂

28 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Hope you are right - planning to use it on my next cruise and assumed I could use it at any time.

With the Platinum free laundry service - best to time the use of this not in the same time frame as the $20 bag deal.

On the ships* I have been on the Platinum service can be same day - give to cabin steward first thing in the am and

get back late in that same day. This is not possible on the bag deal day. Way too much laundry to contend with.

* SUN STAR DAWN JEWEL

On the Mega size ships I would venture that the volume of laundry will not allow this !

I don't know if being in a suite makes a difference here - just my experience with the system.

Good planning may result in having clean clothing to wear the entire sailing with mix and match options.

And Options - there is a block to check on the Laundry Invoice List "Express Service" -

using this service for a fee of course - I don't have feedback on that - readers ???

• Like 1

FYI - those currently on the Gem doing a 20 days Panama crossing, NYC to SFO with P/+ status are getting 3 free bags of laundry done per member, whichever days they choose.  If there are 2 P/+ members in a stateroom, that is 6 free bags of laundry, wet washed & dry, folded or on hangers with next day service - complimentary. That's plentiful, for most.   If in doubt, check or ask the onboard CruiseNext team or details in the little Welcome Back/Abroad booklet for Latitude members.  

That's consistent with our experience on the Escape doing 14 nights - 2 free bags of laundry per P/+ members = between DW and I, we only did 2 free bags of laundry out of 4, could've probably done a 3rd. load free before disembarkation.  Steward picked them up in the morning and they're backed by early afternoon the following day in a wicker basket, neatly folded & stacked, nothing missing or ruined.  

Not doing on the same day as the ship-wide $20 laundry special - certainly didn't hurt for a quick & easy turnaround.  Mega ships are highly automated and you will be amazed about their efficient operations below deck with those 270 lbs. load capacity for the machine - and, special procedures & runs for certain items.  

28 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

FYI - those currently on the Gem doing a 20 days Panama crossing, NYC to SFO with P/+ status are getting 3 free bags of laundry done per member, whichever days they choose.  If there are 2 P/+ members in a stateroom, that is 6 free bags of laundry, wet washed & dry, folded or on hangers with next day service - complimentary. That's plentiful, for most.   If in doubt, check or ask the onboard CruiseNext team or details in the little Welcome Back/Abroad booklet for Latitude members.  

That's consistent with our experience on the Escape doing 14 nights - 2 free bags of laundry per P/+ members = between DW and I, we only did 2 free bags of laundry out of 4, could've probably done a 3rd. load free before disembarkation.  Steward picked them up in the morning and they're backed by early afternoon the following day in a wicker basket, neatly folded & stacked, nothing missing or ruined.  

Not doing on the same day as the ship-wide $20 laundry special - certainly didn't hurt for a quick & easy turnaround.  Mega ships are highly automated and you will be amazed about their efficient operations below deck with those 270 lbs. load capacity for the machine - and, special procedures & runs for certain items.  

That's good to know, so we might actually get 2 bags per platinum member? I'll have to call and see if I can confirm if that's the case for us. Thank you!

55 minutes ago, Heronymous said:

That's good to know ... I'll have to call and see if I can confirm if that's the case for us. Thank you!

Haha, I don't always trust the answers given by NCL's call center folks reading off scripted answers - give it a try, maybe it's in their FAQ flow.  

Better yet, since you are waiting for the Bliss to come back next week on the turnaround - why not post this specific question on this thread ... Arzeena & RJ are onboard, they are P+ and will/can find the answer for you, another CC has unlimited WiFi and should be able to help ... NY'er Pete that started the thread has limited satellite minutes but once they get to their Mexico stops, should be good with cell or WiFi services off the ship.

I see that another CC'er just pretty much had same experience with these 14 days or longer sailings.  I think you should be pretty "safe" in getting multiple bags done at no charge.

Even if not, that $20 bag special is a good deal - considering all the other fees, upcharge & add-ons, to stuff it free.  But, I will still write on the Itemized Laundry Slip that you are Platinum and see, odds for getting it done free/no charge.  Enjoy your cruise ! 

Edited by mking8288