SUMMIT ~ No cabin mirror in Family Ocean View Veranda's?

castle701

I saw a video of the family ocean view staterooms and it appears that there is not a mirror above the desk to get ready. We happen to be booked in that exact stateroom (7199) and that would definitely be a problem for me as I do my hair and makeup while everyone else is showering. Do you have any first hand knowledge?

19 minutes ago, castle701 said:

I saw a video of the family ocean view staterooms and it appears that there is not a mirror above the desk to get ready. We happen to be booked in that exact stateroom (7199) and that would definitely be a problem for me as I do my hair and makeup while everyone else is showering. Do you have any first hand knowledge?

Summit September 2019 cruise from another poster. Post revolution. See post #6. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2698304-my-review-with-photos-of-our-corner-family-veranda-on-the-revolutionized-summit/

Edited by davekathy

19 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Summit September 2019 cruise from another poster. Post revolution. See post #6. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2698304-my-review-with-photos-of-our-corner-family-veranda-on-the-revolutionized-summit/

Thank you so much! All the info I needed was on that post. Guess I'll be purchasing a big mirror to take with me:(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, castle701 said:

When are you cruising? I am hoping they fix the problem before I cruise in May.  

Laura

I really doubt they will fix the mirror problem anytime soon.   Looking at the pictures that were posted it looks like the TV is mounted too much over the table.    We had friends in a SS that would have to go out into the hallway to look at themselves in a full length mirror .

On 1/13/2020 at 11:27 AM, castle701 said:

We are cruising in April - gosh sure hope they fix the problem too.

We'll also be cruising on her in April in the cabin directly above you.  Can't imagine drying my hair without a wall mirror.
If extension cords are not allowed to be brought on board,  I wonder if anyone has had luck borrowing one from the ship?

Edited by webecruzin2

5 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

We'll also be cruising on her in April in the cabin directly above you.  Can't imagine drying my hair without a wall mirror.
If extension cords are not allowed to be brought on board,  I wonder if anyone has had luck borrowing one from the ship?

No problem with requesting an extension cord.    I normally arrange prior to cruise using the special needs form.   You can also just ask your stateroom attendant or butler and they will get one for you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No problem with requesting an extension cord.    I normally arrange prior to cruise using the special needs form.   You can also just ask your stateroom attendant or butler and they will get one for you. 

Good to know. Thanks. With three women in the FV we will need a mirror. But I will also bring a mirror in case extension cord does not work out. 

Laura

On 1/13/2020 at 12:06 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I really doubt they will fix the mirror problem anytime soon.   Looking at the pictures that were posted it looks like the TV is mounted too much over the table.    We had friends in a SS that would have to go out into the hallway to look at themselves in a full length mirror .

Surprised that with all the feedback that this has yet to be addressed by X. It's an obvious miss. Besides this board I would think that many who have cruised in this cabin have left comments.

Perhaps they could consider shifting the TV over to the left on a swivel mount or placing the mirror above the desk to the right of the TV (shifting the drawers of the desk to the left side, if possible). 

I sailed in Summit FV last September with 2 other women.  Two of the three of us always travel with a portable mirror (cheap one that you can buy in CVS, RiteAid, Walmart, etc.)  plus Celebrity had a portable mirror in the cabin.  The mirror that Celebrity provided looked similar to what I attached.  We definitely "made do" with the mirrors and none of us had any issues blowdrying our hair.  While I agree that this is a "design miss" by Celebrity it is one that is easily solved if you travel with a small portable mirror.  The 3 of us are also sailing in a FV on Summit in both May and September of this year and we are not giving the lack of the wall mirror a second thought.  It's nothing to stress out about.

mirror_3_540x.jpg