Summit -Tuscan Grill Food Quality / Select Dining

bandp407

Please don't be discouraged from trying Tuscan, or any of them for that matter.   Everyone's taste is different.  We have sailed Equinox, Eclipse, Summit, several times each.   This time we are going on 12 nt,  Silhouette, and will be going to each restaurant at least once, sometimes 2 or 3x each.  Other nights we hit the buffet.  No main dining room for us.   It's just our way.   Tuscan is one of our favorites.   We also use OBC which makes it better also.    

in regards to the tables on top of each other, i havent seen a pic but that type of thing is a turn off for me. has anyone requested to wait for a more private 2 top with success. id rather wait 20 min and get a better table than 1.5 hours listening to people 6 inches from me or have to shimmy between tables to get in/out.

I like the appetizers in Tuscan and every time I've gotten the fillet it's been good.  But anytime I've ordered anything else it's not been very good.  They destroyed my dry-aged porterhouse one time and the Ribeye it was the worst ribeye I've ever seen, both sent back. So now I only get the Fillet. I'm hoping that's still good as we have a reservation in Tuscan next month.

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

in regards to the tables on top of each other, i havent seen a pic but that type of thing is a turn off for me. has anyone requested to wait for a more private 2 top with success. id rather wait 20 min and get a better table than 1.5 hours listening to people 6 inches from me or have to shimmy between tables to get in/out.

Yes we agree as well & this is a huge put off & may be a deciding factor not to sail on the Summit. There was a post by Jim_Iain from is b2b on the Summit  which shows some photos of the main dining room . I believe the photos were around page 12? I am sorry but was unable to post the link.Hope we hear from someone with success getting a more private table. We have had luck on the Equinox. However, one of the reasons we gave up on Aqua class was the tables in Blu had gotten ridiculously close. Don’t know how they are now as it has been several years. We enjoy chatting & meeting people but prefer dinner to be our time. May start a separate post if we don’t get any replies.