Custom Tour Recommendations

2legit410

We will be in Grand Cayman for a cruise in March. I am looking to find a tour company that will allow me to customize where we want to go. I would like to go to the turtle farm, brewery, distillery, and run cake place... and possibly to see the stingrays if we have time. I would love a tour guide who is fun and interactive. Anybody know of a company that will let me customize like this?

I think if you take out the stingrays you would have time to do the rest of your itinerary.  Getting to and from the Stingrays takes a while, as you will be on a boat - the rest can be done by car.

Worst case you can use taxis to get you around between the locations and "do it yourself" - that way you would be able to take as much or as little time as you wish in each spot.

Note that there are now two breweries on Grand Cayman - the older Cayman Islands Brewery ( https://www.cib.ky/ ) and the newer 1981 Brewery ( https://1981brewingco.com/ ).  Both offer tastings and tours.

Talk to Cayman Safari Adventures. They customized a great one for me! We did Shoe Tree, the blow holes, Pedro St. James, lunch, Cayman Crystal Caves, and the Botanical Gardens. We had a private and knowledgeable guide all day! Best tour we have ever taken for $120 each.

They will customize anything you want, so just shoot them an email. They gave me lots of options to choose from and I ultimately decided what I wanted.

Edited by AKR2011

On 1/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, AKR2011 said:

Talk to Cayman Safari Adventures. They customized a great one for me! We did Shoe Tree, the blow holes, Pedro St. James, lunch, Cayman Crystal Caves, and the Botanical Gardens. We had a private and knowledgeable guide all day! Best tour we have ever taken for $120 each.

They will customize anything you want, so just shoot them an email. They gave me lots of options to choose from and I ultimately decided what I wanted.

This sounds interesting. How many people were in your group?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, AKR2011 said:

Thank you for the recommendation!  I would like to see all of those points of interest.  Seems like it must have been very scenic and nature-focused.  I just have a few questions if you would not mind.  Were there any additional admission charges above and beyond the $240.  What type of vehicle were you and your husband in?  We are there from 7am until 4pm.  What time did the tour start and what time did they get you back to the tender?  Thanks again for your input.

12 hours ago, summit011604 said:

Thank you for the recommendation!  I would like to see all of those points of interest.  Seems like it must have been very scenic and nature-focused.  I just have a few questions if you would not mind.  Were there any additional admission charges above and beyond the $240.  What type of vehicle were you and your husband in?  We are there from 7am until 4pm.  What time did the tour start and what time did they get you back to the tender?  Thanks again for your input.

All admissions were included, as was lunch. I did want some conch fritters at lunch, so I had to pay for those out of pocket,  but they were only a few dollars, so no big deal. The vehicle was an open air buggy, and during the little rain storm, the guide pulled the flaps down so we would stay dry. It was really fun to ride in! As I recall, we were 8-5. We signed up on the TV for the first tender, and we returned with about half an hour left before the last tender. If it helps, here is where I wrote about the tour in my Escape review back then: