Hair conditioner question

RSF Cruiser

Does Princess provide suite passengers with hair conditioner?

We just got back from a cruise on the Royal. We stay in a suite and have sailed on many of the Princess ships (we're elite), although this was our first time on the Royal. When we got to our cabin, we saw we had the usual shampoo, shower gel, and lotion tubes; a new kind of cake soap (smaller); but no hair conditioner. I asked the steward, and he said they no longer provide hair conditioner, just the conditioning shampoo. Ugh, I have long hair and need conditioner! Fortunately, we had a small bottle from our hotel stay, but it wasn't enough to last the week, so we were going to buy some at our first stop in Cabo. I also went to the suite concierge, and he couldn't find any, either, so he gave us a tube from the spa. Our room steward did find one of the regular tubes of conditioner on another steward's cart, but evidently, the Royal doesn't stock hair conditioner, except for in the spa.

Do the non-suite cabins have conditioner in the showers? Or do they have only the conditioning shampoo? I know the non-suites have the "jugs" of shampoo and not individual tubes, so I'm wondering if they also have a "jug" of conditioner.

When did Princess stop providing hair conditioner? Or is the lack of conditioner only on the Royal? We were on the Grand in April/May, and we had the usual tubes of hair conditioner.

Thanks!

Last time we were on a Princess ship they had the dispensers in the showers, not individual bottles.  There was a shower gel in one, and a shampoo conditioner combo in the other. I have very fine straight hair and I don't like the shampoo/conditioner combo as it makes my hair flat and limp.  I will take my own shampoo when I sail Princess in March.

FYI - we have sailed in interior and balcony cabins, not suites.

Edited by Daisyloo

Our last Suite was on the Diamond in Japan this past September, which in many ways is different that North America sailings but they did provide the tube of Conditioner. But with that being said I did not use it. I have actually hated both the shampoo and conditioner from Princess for several years now and have just made it a practice that when I sail Princess I bring my own.  truthfully I think this was the grand scheme for cruise lines. Offer inferior cheap products, then start to eliminate what they do not need to offer. Holland America's products have been getting really bad in the last few years with my recent cruise in a Neptune Suite the Soap and conditioner did nothing and would not even wash out the light hairspray I had on my hair and instead made in all sticky. I has taken weeks to get what ever was in the shampoo to get out of my hair. We cruise on the Royal in a Suite and will just bring my own shampoo and conditioner.

I would not be surprised that Princess is eliminating offering Conditioner if many others like me have not been using it they just figure it is somewhere they can cut back. I can live with that cut back since they have already trained me to bring my own. lol 

I would never rely on Princess included shampoo or conditioner. It does terrible things to my hair. I always bring my own.

I thought suites got the bag of Elite goodies, I thought that included conditioner but it may just be lotion. Either way, I don't use it. I usually take out the generic brand chap stick and nail file and leave the bag.  

Edited by jennybenny

Always find I need a 'heavy duty' conditioner when on cruises...sea air not good for keeping hair in good condition.

Worth taking shampoo and conditioner that work for your hair.

Also considering taking favourite brand of bar soap since Princess appears to be cutting back /eliminating bar soap.