Yacht Club and drinks

brandy3415

3 hours ago, brandy3415 said:

Are Yacht Club drinks contingent on having a drink package?

No.  Not only are drinks in the Yacht Club included, but drinks throughout the whole ship.  Everything except the tippy top shelf, but you get even those by upgrading to the Premium Plus package (about 17 pp pd) and drink expensive champaign, high end single malt and blended scotches, etc. to your heart's content.

I drink wine and have a fairly dull palate so personally I am content with the included package.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

No.  Not only are drinks in the Yacht Club included, but drinks throughout the whole ship.  Everything except the tippy top shelf, but you get even those by upgrading to the Premium Plus package (about 17 pp pd) and drink expensive champaign, high end single malt and blended scotches, etc. to your heart's content.

I drink wine and have a fairly dull palate so personally I am content with the included package.

Ive just had a reply from MSC regarding this and this is their reply:

“Good Afternoon Maria,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm the drinks package included within the Yacht Club experience is it's own drinks package which gives you unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club Area, bars and restaurants however i'm afraid there is not an option to upgrade.

Kind Regards,
Sophie Betchley
Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd
5 Roundwood Avenue
Stockley Park
Uxbridge
UB11 1AF

I’m not sure what to do now as we do like to have a couple of glasses of champagne most nights

2 hours ago, mardavbetale said:

Ive just had a reply from MSC regarding this and this is their reply:

“Good Afternoon Maria,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm the drinks package included within the Yacht Club experience is it's own drinks package which gives you unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club Area, bars and restaurants however i'm afraid there is not an option to upgrade.

Kind Regards,
Sophie Betchley
Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd
5 Roundwood Avenue
Stockley Park
Uxbridge
UB11 1AF

I’m not sure what to do now as we do like to have a couple of glasses of champagne most nights

Ask to deal with a Supervisor! The response you have been given is wrong. 😉

That said, if it is only Champagne that might be an issue for you, the YC package includes Nicolas Feuillatte champagne. It is not listed on the bar list, but DEFINITELY available and included.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

We just disembarked the MSC Meraviglia on the 12th Jan 2020, and Happy Cruiser is 100% correct. We met a couple that wanted to upgrade their drink package while on board  in order to drink Champagne and after some confusion regarding the price they were able to purchase the premium plus package.

The OP is from the UK and I have been told the same thing last year prior to a Meraviglia sailing. They will let us do it onboard but then we have to pay the additional charges on top of the $17 or Euros.

Its not inconsistent just another failing for us from UK

Maria you will be able to get Nicolas Feuillette champagne as the above poster states

We are sailing in YC shortly and did upgrade to the Prem Plus...

It takes finding a MSC customer service person who knows what they are doing....

Took our TA multiple phone calls... but she got it done

Really they should train their people better

2 minutes ago, brandy3415 said:

Upgrade I was referring to was the purchased cabin upgrade, no drink package upgrade

Got it

You are asking if you need a drink package IF you bid and win the upgrade to YC.

IDK the answer as some post they were "upgraded" to YC (moved without a fare change??) and people claim they don't get the YC perks. Cannot imagine how that can be when you are IN YC and have that dining and bar...

Seems if you PAY for the upgrade to YC -that you'd have the YC benefits of the dining and bar as well.

Has anyone bid and upgraded to YC and NOT had the perks? 

On 1/14/2020 at 6:46 PM, hamrag said:

Ask to deal with a Supervisor! The response you have been given is wrong. 😉

That said, if it is only Champagne that might be an issue for you, the YC package includes Nicolas Feuillatte champagne. It is not listed on the bar list, but DEFINITELY available and included.

I can’t stand Chardonnay / proper champagne... I hope they have a decent cava or Prosecco as a regular alternative!? #cheapdate ! 

We have a cruise on Grandiosa in YC in April. Yesterday I asked my UK travel agent to see if we could upgrade to the premium+ and was told not possible. It appears that MSC do not have a consistent policy as it appears to differ according to where the booking was made.

6 hours ago, Number34 said:

We have a cruise on Grandiosa in YC in April. Yesterday I asked my UK travel agent to see if we could upgrade to the premium+ and was told not possible. It appears that MSC do not have a consistent policy as it appears to differ according to where the booking was made.

As I posted above we have been told we cannot upgrade in UK but can do it on the ships!!!