Amex Offer for HAL (and all other Carnival brands)

OK, sorry if this was asked already.  I clicked on the link so I was able to see the offer and add it to my card.  Now, my final payment isn't due until late February....can I use this now to apply $500 toward my balance?  People were asking only about OBC....and at this point, I just want to start paying down my balance.  When I click on the "Redeem Now" link, it brings me to the "Worlds Leading Cruise Line's " site to MAKE a new reservation....

Thanks.

Edited by MudderBear

5 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

OK, sorry if this was asked already.  I clicked on the link so I was able to see the offer and add it to my card.  Now, my final payment isn't due until late February....can I use this now to apply $500 toward my balance?  People were asking only about OBC....and at this point, I just want to start paying down my balance.  When I click on the "Redeem Now" link, it brings me to the "Worlds Leading Cruise Line's " site to MAKE a new reservation....

Thanks.

Yes, you can.

I just used the Amex offer to buy 2 quench beverage packages and some additional OBC. Total came to $503.96. I received an email confirmation from Amex confirming my purchase and saying that provided my purchase qualifies, I should see the $100 statement credit soon. My thought was that even if I don't use the additionally purchased OBC (since I already have $400 from HAL and $355 from the big box TA), it will just be refunded to me. I'll be certain to use a different credit card once onboard the ship!

I'll post as soon as I receive the statement credit.

36 minutes ago, Happy_Traveler_2008 said:

Under my reservation, I bought OBC through Purchase Gifts & Indulgences.

Thanks, appreciate your assistance. Navigating the HAL website to find what one is looking for presents several challenges - and finding where to spend extra money seems to be one of them for me. LOL. Just bought a bunch of OBC and shall have wait to see if the $100 credit shows up on my Amex account. Thanks again.

Applied the offer to my AmEx card last night.  Right after that, I went through the link, but it wouldn't bring me quite to HAL....so I went to the HAL site on my own and applied $500.00 to my balance.  The $500 was immediately deducted from my cruise balance, so that looks good.  However, I never got any confirmation from AmEx that I would be getting the $100 credit.  My $500 charge simply showed up on my transaction sheet, as it normally would.  How will I know if I will get the credit?  I followed the link again that was provided, but the "offer" disappeared, so I am sure that since I had applied it to my card, that things will work out.🙄.  Someone posted that they saw the credit within two days.  How long did it take anyone else to see the credit on their AmEx transaction list?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

Applied the offer to my AmEx card last night.  Right after that, I went through the link, but it wouldn't bring me quite to HAL....so I went to the HAL site on my own and applied $500.00 to my balance.  The $500 was immediately deducted from my cruise balance, so that looks good.  However, I never got any confirmation from AmEx that I would be getting the $100 credit.  My $500 charge simply showed up on my transaction sheet, as it normally would.  How will I know if I will get the credit?  I followed the link again that was provided, but the "offer" disappeared, so I am sure that since I had applied it to my card, that things will work out.🙄.  Someone posted that they saw the credit within two days.  How long did it take anyone else to see the credit on their AmEx transaction list?  Thanks.

Ditto all this....I’m hoping it will show on the next statement.

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

Mine applied after the charge cleared, which took 2 days IIRC.

17 hours ago, MudderBear said:

However, I never got any confirmation from AmEx that I would be getting the $100 credit. 

Try checking your junk-mail folder.  It may be in there.  Whenever I use an AmEx offer I get an email.  Your email client might be marking it as spam.

20 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Two days in Dec to get my credit

I purchased 2 quench beverages packages and additional OBC on Sunday evening, totaling $503.88. The charge posted to my Amex on 1/26; the $100 credit posted to my account yesterday (1/29).

Thanks everyone for the great tip!

• Like 1