Medallion app and Drinks Package

imapost2003

Drink packages work with the medallion app to my understanding.  My question, is it restricted to public areas only or could i order a drink using the app and drink package to my balcony?  In the past i would assume it would be charged as room service, which the drink package would then not apply.

3 minutes ago, imapost2003 said:

Drink packages work with the medallion app to my understanding.  My question, is it restricted to public areas only or could i order a drink using the app and drink package to my balcony?  In the past i would assume it would be charged as room service, which the drink package would then not apply.

You cannot use the PBP in your stateroom at all.

You can use the PBP to order drinks in public areas of the ship.

If the area is not covered it will give you a warning and block the order. IE (in the dining rooms via the Medallion) However you can use the package to order from your server at the table.

If you don't have the package you could use the Medallion to order a drink on your balcony.

12 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You cannot use the PBP in your stateroom at all.

You can use the PBP to order drinks in public areas of the ship.

If the area is not covered it will give you a warning and block the order. IE (in the dining rooms via the Medallion) However you can use the package to order from your server at the table.

If you don't have the package you could use the Medallion to order a drink on your balcony.

Thank goodness for the Elite mini bar set up. 

• Like 1

On CB during the holidays, ordering a drink with the Medallion was only about 60% successful. Sometimes, they brought it in 5-6 minutes. Other times, it never arrived and the status simply was changed to "cancelled." It was pretty frustrating. There were times on the Sun Deck where the app couldn't find me, so it wouldn't let me order. Then, i moved 10 feet in one direction and it worked fine. It's a great idea, but still pretty buggy at this point.

On CB during the holidays, ordering a drink with the Medallion was only about 60% successful. Sometimes, they brought it in 5-6 minutes. Other times, it never arrived and the status simply was changed to "cancelled." It was pretty frustrating. There were times on the Sun Deck where the app couldn't find me, so it wouldn't let me order. Then, i moved 10 feet in one direction and it worked fine. It's a great idea, but still pretty buggy at this point.

Totally agree once they get it working better will be a game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just returned from the Sky Princess. I had the drink package. This was confusing. Eating in the buffet. 99% of the time I was only asked if I had the package. Never used the medallion. Only sometimes did they actually have me put it on the reader. In the buffet any one would get you your drink from the bar. Within one minuet I had the drink. Fast for sure. Anytime I ordered at the bar or anywhere else,  they wanted me to put the medallion on the reader. 

19 minutes ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Someone was telling me today that princess is making everyone purchase the drink package has anyone heard this. I know on CCL you have to

No not true.

When it first came out a few years ago they did require everyone in the cabin to purchase it. Not required now.

No not true.
When it first came out a few years ago they did but changed it.

That’s what I thought as well just saw someone posted it on Facebook I guess they don’t know what they are talking about as I looked on the princess site and could not see anything.

2 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Someone was telling me today that princess is making everyone purchase the drink package has anyone heard this. I know on CCL you have to

Not true. We sail next week and one of the couples were able to purchase just one drink package 🙂