Venice Port to Airport

graysonman

Hi everyone

My wife and I are taking a Western Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Constellation that ends in Venice.

We have been to Venice before and are looking to fly out the day we dock.

What is the best (fastest) way to get to the airport, taxi perhaps? Are there plenty of taxis available at the cruise port? Does Celebrity offer transfers to the airport? 

I am also  looking at flights back to North America and the best I have seen so far is one that leaves Venice at 11:45 am through Lisbon that arrives in Toronto at night (same day). Is this enough time to get from the ship to the first flight at 11:45? We did a recent cruise with a noon flight out of Fort Lauderdale and looked after our luggage ourselves instead of having the cruiseline store them for us upon disembarking and we made it to our noon flight in plenty of time. Just wondering if the Venice airport is any different.

Any suggestions for transport to the airport would be very helpful. It is just the 2 of us with our luggage.

Thank You!

Celebrity does offer transfers to the airport. And there are plenty of taxis too. It´s a 20 - 30 min ride.

11:45 am sounds o.k.. Venice airport is pretty small so you are not supposed to be there too early anyway. Check-in won´t open until 2 hours prior to departure and seating in the public area is very limited.

You pretty likely have to be off the ship by 9 or 9:30 am anyway.

steamboats

If you read down the board, this question is asked frequently. The key differences in Venice and Ft Lauderdale? First of all, a tighter level of security flying internationally, although if your flight ends up going to Lisbon, that is "domestically". Second, Venice is frequently mentioned as not particularly well organized. 

Land taxi (there is a key difference in Venice, as there is water taxis) are almost always going to be the fastest route, just about anywhere.

Celebrity will almost certainly do transfers (confirm on the Celebrity board) but may have a "too early" time for flights.

Lastly, it is sort of important to know if your ship arrives that morning, or is it arriving the previous day, in which case you can get off anytime, and make it more comfortably.

Land taxi (40-45E)  or car service.   I'd suggest reserving a ride since there will several ships disembarking at the same time..   OR, if you can easily manage your luggage, ride the people mover to Piazzale Roma and take the ATVO express bus.  

VCE is a madhouse .... lots of long lines that barely move, and you don't want to be at the end of the line!

When we had a 12:15pm flight to JFK, we caught the 9:20am ATVO bus from Piazzale Roma.  By the time we cleared security and got to our gate we only had 10-15 minutes before it was time to board.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:04 AM, graysonman said:

Hi everyone

My wife and I are taking a Western Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Constellation that ends in Venice.

We have been to Venice before and are looking to fly out the day we dock.

What is the best (fastest) way to get to the airport, taxi perhaps? Are there plenty of taxis available at the cruise port? Does Celebrity offer transfers to the airport? 

I am also  looking at flights back to North America and the best I have seen so far is one that leaves Venice at 11:45 am through Lisbon that arrives in Toronto at night (same day). Is this enough time to get from the ship to the first flight at 11:45? We did a recent cruise with a noon flight out of Fort Lauderdale and looked after our luggage ourselves instead of having the cruiseline store them for us upon disembarking and we made it to our noon flight in plenty of time. Just wondering if the Venice airport is any different.

Any suggestions for transport to the airport would be very helpful. It is just the 2 of us with our luggage.

Thank You!

We booked our return airport transportation through the cruise line (Holland America) at a cost of $39 per person and it was totally worth it not having to stress or worry about anything. Celebrity has a similar service. You will give the cruise line your return flight information and they will tell you when your bus will leave. The airport is almost a straight shot from the cruise port. We were boarded on busses and driven to the airport, then we were walked into the check in area in the airport. Doing the same on our next cruise. Our flight was at 11 am. I think we had to be on a 7 am bus that day. You'll be fine. Also, it might be worth it to check flights and prices through the cruise line. I found a huge savings to the US through Holland America. I initially was not going to use the cruise line for airfare and did not on our first cruise. Saved about $500 per person dong it this time. 

5 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

We booked our return airport transportation through the cruise line (Holland America) at a cost of $39 per person and it was totally worth it not having to stress or worry about anything. Celebrity has a similar service. You will give the cruise line your return flight information and they will tell you when your bus will leave. The airport is almost a straight shot from the cruise port. We were boarded on busses and driven to the airport, then we were walked into the check in area in the airport. Doing the same on our next cruise. Our flight was at 11 am. I think we had to be on a 7 am bus that day. You'll be fine. Also, it might be worth it to check flights and prices through the cruise line. I found a huge savings to the US through Holland America. I initially was not going to use the cruise line for airfare and did not on our first cruise. Saved about $500 per person dong it this time. 

This is great info IF your ship gets in the day before. A little more of an issue if your ship arrives that morning.