Complementary tote bag?

Justalone

We have gotten them on all of our O cruises, however, we were in concierge or PH cabins.  Yes, you can take them with you.  They’re nice zipper top bags with compartments.   We used them for towels and wet bathing suits on beach visits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roccaforte said:

We have gotten them on all of our O cruises, however, we were in concierge or PH cabins.  Yes, you can take them with you.  They’re nice zipper top bags with compartments.   We used them for towels and wet bathing suits on beach visits.

They  are nice but we stopped taking them home since we are running out of space to put them and no one left to give them to. 

7 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

I use mine for grocery shopping!

Do you need some more? I have a couple of boxes full in the garage, more in the pantry and nice ones that I like in our Travel room. 

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

Do you need some more? I have a couple of boxes full in the garage, more in the pantry and nice ones that I like in our Travel room. 

Yep. That's why I stopped taking them. You can donate them. Or fill with things the homeless need and give them out as you drive about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, clo said:

Yep. That's why I stopped taking them. You can donate them. Or fill with things the homeless need and give them out as you drive about.

Sounds like a great way to spend your time. 

Since I am in an outside cabin on Sirena in 2 weeks, and I won't be receiving a tote bag, I will have to bring one I got from O on a prior cruise. Not giving one to all people is very  chintzy move, makes O look like a penny pinching cheapskate. How much can a tote bag cost them when buying in bulk for all of their ships? No more than $3. Maybe I'll bring one i received free from another cruise line I have traveled with that still gives them to all passengers.

Not a good image, Oceania.☹️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I will have to bring one I got from O on a prior cruise.

My tote bags are things that I've bought over the years and have no identifying info on them. You dont have those

3 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

eBay!

Buyers would be paying more for shipping than for the bags. I was pleased to leave that and the luggage tag and the pins in the cabin that last day.

2 hours ago, clo said:

My tote bags are things that I've bought over the years and have no identifying info on them. You dont have those

I have lots of various tote bags, I even have one from Renaissance. Maybe since I'll be in Sirena I should bring that one. A few people in the know would get it.😉

17 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I have lots of various tote bags, I even have one from Renaissance. Maybe since I'll be in Sirena I should bring that one. A few people in the know would get it.😉

No. I mean don't you have tote bags that don't have any promo info on them?

6 minutes ago, clo said:

No. I mean don't you have tote bags that don't have any promo info on them?

Of course, I have many many. Since we will be going to the beach at all 4 stops on the cruise I want to bring one with a plastic liner so things don't get wet. I need something waterproof to carry the mask and snorkel in.

1 minute ago, susiesan said:

Of course, I have many many. Since we will be going to the beach at all 4 stops on the cruise I want to bring one with a plastic liner so things don't get wet. I need something waterproof to carry the mask and snorkel in.

Mine have that.

• 2 weeks later...

Give it to everyone.  It’s an easy way to advertise.  I often notice people carrying totes or wearing garments with cruise line logos.  A well made tote with logo sends a message that the cruise is upscale.  Cheaply made totes send a message too.....cheap!   Oceania totes could be better.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Give it to everyone.  It’s an easy way to advertise.  I often notice people carrying totes or wearing garments with cruise line logos.  A well made tote with logo sends a message that the cruise is upscale.  Cheaply made totes send a message too.....cheap!   Oceania totes could be better.  

Who uses these (as I've said above!)? I have way better totes that I paid for. Some are easily 20 or 30 years old and in like new condition. As far as "advertising" that you cruise, I know people who are like "ooh, yuck, not for me."

Many cruise lines give you a logo bag.   Those pressed paper bags are worthless. The open open thin nylon bags are somewhat better. There are some really good bags that are worth taking home. Oceania bags are not keepers. I have several logo bags ( not just from cruises)that are very heavy and really sturdy.  They are good for packing groceries. I also use them for picking up my held mail after a trip. On a vacation, we carry waterproof bags with tight closures. I have Sportsacs that I use on every cruise.   If Oceania gave away a sturdy bag, I might use it.  

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Oceania bags are not keepers.

You must have gotten a different bag than we did in December. It was canvas and zipped. I didn't want it so left it and can't remember any other particulars. But it was fine. But I have plenty and don't use any more. And I'm really not into labels 🙂

• Like 2