Cruise Critic Community
Shlee2TheSea

Celebrity Tuscan Grille Special Menu

27 minutes ago, Peter118 said:

Celebrity has listened and has done the correct thing in my opinion. 

I need to clarify the menu for that evening as I am not a fan of what they were advertising. 

Dear Valued Guest, 

You may have received an email from Celebrity Cruises yesterday advising you on a change to your Specialty Dining Reservation.   

There is no change to your original Specialty Dining Reservation for February 14, 2020 and there is no action necessary. 

We apologize for any confusion this has caused. 

We look forward to welcoming you on board for your Valentine’s Day Sailing. 

Celebrity Cruises 

Celebrity Pre-Resolutions
Trade Support and Service - ICT Campus
CelebrityRRS@celebrity.com
Fax (305)603-0045

Yes, they did the right thing but the initial attempt at gouging speaks volumes.

Just like the removal of the free movies then the re-instatement, then the removal, then the re-instatement maybe on some ships. 

Simply put, much higher cabin prices are no longer enough.  They want to get just a little deeper into your pocket.  And unless pushed back, they will stay there.

I’m so happy Celebrity is honoring your reservation.  Now, totally off topic . . . 

As for Celebrity, and other land based restaurants, who raise prices for holidays that’s ok with me.  My husband and I actually would rather not go to restaurants on the busiest nights of the year.  Usually service and food are not up to par.  We will “celebrate” the special day a few days before or after.  That’s fine with us but I know others feel the day is important And that’s fine for them. 

For the past few years we celebrate Valentine’s Day with another couple.   We have drinks and appetizers and then the men head to Chick Fil’a to bring back our meal.  For dessert we have brownie sundaes.   The table is decorated for Valentine’s Day and we have a wonderful time.  

I hope everyone enjoys their specials days!  

I have to ask again "what is going on with this company?".   You would think after the last 3 or 4 failed attempts at stuff like this they would institute some approval process for policy changes that would avoid these issues.    It really appears like nobody is driving the ship.

1 hour ago, Peter118 said:

Celebrity has listened and has done the correct thing in my opinion. 

I need to clarify the menu for that evening as I am not a fan of what they were advertising. 

Dear Valued Guest, 

You may have received an email from Celebrity Cruises yesterday advising you on a change to your Specialty Dining Reservation.   

There is no change to your original Specialty Dining Reservation for February 14, 2020 and there is no action necessary. 

We apologize for any confusion this has caused. 

We look forward to welcoming you on board for your Valentine’s Day Sailing. 

Celebrity Cruises 

Celebrity Pre-Resolutions
Trade Support and Service - ICT Campus
CelebrityRRS@celebrity.com
Fax (305)603-0045

I looked on the celebrity website and they do not have the option to book the $119 “special” Valentine’s Day dinner. I also tried to confirm the menu but they said I would have to ask on board. I assume its the menu they initially sent when they said the price was changing, but you never can be sure. 

I was hoping they would offer the $45 Tuscan option on Feb 14th again but that was not available either. They will probably try to sell this night on the ship for the $119 for new bookings. 

If they are honoring the reservation at the regular price that’s great and noble of them, but I still wouldn’t want to go with that ‘special’ menu. They’d be better off keeping the regular Tuscan menu (which is why we wanted to go in the first place!) and perhaps adding some other special touch such as specials in addition to menu (not in place of) or (soft) live music or just a little something romantic.

40 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

It really appears like nobody is driving the ship.

now that's a problem...LOL

I’m happy Celebrity finally did the right thing even if it took them a while to figure out what the right thing was. 

My wife would likely divorce me if I made this reservation.  And, its not the money, its the fake "ambiance" they are offering.