Cruise documents and luggage tag question

lisiamc

We have a cruise coming up in 48 days, and I have checked us in on-line and printed off the boarding passes.  Yesterday I received an email from Azamara to say that the cruise documentation was available now.  I went to my account, and it says we are checked in, but it also says there is no documentation available, and the luggage tag is “pending”. I checked today, and it’s the same.  This is a bit earlier than we normally check in and print the tags.  Am I too early, or is there something I’ve forgotten to do? (I haven’t uploaded selfies because I’m happy to let them snap a photo at the dock, and that hasn’t made a difference in the past.)

Edited by lisiamc

36 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

We have a cruise coming up in 48 days, and I have checked us in on-line and printed off the boarding passes.  Yesterday I received an email from Azamara to say that the cruise documentation was available now.  I went to my account, and it says we are checked in, but it also says there is no documentation available, and the luggage tag is “pending”. I checked today, and it’s the same.  This is a bit earlier than we normally check in and print the tags.  Am I too early, or is there something I’ve forgotten to do? (I haven’t uploaded selfies because I’m happy to let them snap a photo at the dock, and that hasn’t made a difference in the past.)

I am not sure how it works now. I can only tell you my experience. After checking in, I have only been able to print a one page document similar to those of the airplanes. No luggage tags or anything else. About three days before my cruise, I realize that I did not have the address of the port, so I have requested this information from my travel agent. She send to me a ser of documents.

Once in the port, I have told them my cabin number and they put a luggage tag at that moment. Not a problem at all.

22 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I am not sure how it works now. I can only tell you my experience. After checking in, I have only been able to print a one page document similar to those of the airplanes. No luggage tags or anything else. About three days before my cruise, I realize that I did not have the address of the port, so I have requested this information from my travel agent. She send to me a ser of documents.

Once in the port, I have told them my cabin number and they put a luggage tag at that moment. Not a problem at all.

I’m sure we will be fine if we get tags at the port, but I like to be organised, 😊 and since the port is Buenos Aires, I’m going to have to learn the Spanish for “luggage tags”, aren’t I?  😬😬. I can count to 10 in Spanish, so I guess we’ll be OK with the cabin number if I give the porter one digit at a time!

If I don’t see a link to tags in a couple of weeks, I’ll see if the TA can help.  

Edited by lisiamc

On my last cruise on 13 November 2019 when I clicked on  “ View More Details” I got my cruise ‘booklet’ which included the luggage tags. I just checked the roll call for that cruise and found I posted that the documents were available to print on 1 October - 44 days before the cruise,

12 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I’m sure we will be fine if we get tags at the port, but I like to be organised, 😊 and since the port is Buenos Aires, I’m going to have to learn the Spanish for “luggage tags”, aren’t I?  😬😬. I can count to 10 in Spanish, so I guess we’ll be OK with the cabin number if I give the porter one digit at a time!

If I don’t see a link to tags in a couple of weeks, I’ll see if the TA can help.  

You will not have a problem with the language in the Port of Buenos Aires. The people that were there and have received my luggage spoke English. If you wish you can tell them “ Necesito etiquetas para mi maleta” (I need luggage tags for my bag).

I would recommend that you wait with your luggage at that port until you see that is actually disappearing in the luggage area. Do not just leave it to some one and walk to check in. It is better to be cautious...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

You will not have a problem with the language in the Port of Buenos Aires. The people that were there and have received my luggage spoke English. If you wish you can tell them “ Necesito etiquetas para mi maleta” (I need luggage tags for my bag).

I would recommend that you wait with your luggage at that port until you see that is actually disappearing in the luggage area. Do not just leave it to some one and walk to check in. It is better to be cautious...

Ooh, thanks for that!  I’ll put that phrase into my phone for future reference.  I agree, definitely better to be cautious.  We’ll wait until we see it go on a trolley and disappear in the right direction.

We boarded in Buenos Aires nine days ago. We had to take our bags inside the terminal - just inside was a luggage drop and it was staffed by ship personnel. They ensured the bags were tagged and put our bags on the conveyor belt right there. 

• Like 1

Pretty uncommonly disorganized compared to other lines.    I was unable to check in for a stretch today because the preentered LCV number claims it is invalid and the AZAMARA US 855 number appears to be non functional on three attempts.

it took much dinking around with the website to allow it to erase the LCV from my checkin information (half the time it is incapable of being edited).

Of course, all this nonsense apparently is moot because there's no way to get luggage tags mailed or otherwise from the previous posters.

I'm getting more and more worried about Azamara.

2 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

We boarded in Buenos Aires nine days ago. We had to take our bags inside the terminal - just inside was a luggage drop and it was staffed by ship personnel. They ensured the bags were tagged and put our bags on the conveyor belt right there. 

58 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Speaking from experience, if you choose to have your luggage tagged shoreside, make sure the correct room number is put on your bags!

Good advice from both of you - I’ll make sure the right cabin number is on, and that we take them inside the terminal.  Thank you.  

• Like 1

In the UK we have had no labels mailed to us for several years. You either print the page in the guest booklet containing labels or wait until the port. It’s no big deal and we’ve never had any problems.  I don’t have any issues sorting this minor thing out myself. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, uktog said:

In the UK we have had no labels mailed to us for several years. You either print the page in the guest booklet containing labels or wait until the port. It’s no big deal and we’ve never had any problems.  I don’t have any issues sorting this minor thing out myself. 

I know they can’t mail me any tags, and I’m happy to print them myself.  I just wish Azamara would actually make the cruise documents and label template available as the email says they did.  I can’t help feeling I’ve missed ticking a box somewhere or something.  For all I know there’s more than one cruise terminal in Buenos Aires, so I’d like confirmation of where the ship will be, too.  I have plenty of time to get the travel agent to sort if for me if need be, but it’s frustrating.  

3 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I know they can’t mail me any tags, and I’m happy to print them myself.  I just wish Azamara would actually make the cruise documents and label template available as the email says they did.  I can’t help feeling I’ve missed ticking a box somewhere or something.  For all I know there’s more than one cruise terminal in Buenos Aires, so I’d like confirmation of where the ship will be, too.  I have plenty of time to get the travel agent to sort if for me if need be, but it’s frustrating.  

That should be in the electronic cruise documents attache to your account although your travel agent may not have released them to you yet

33 minutes ago, uktog said:

That should be in the electronic cruise documents attache to your account although your travel agent may not have released them to you yet

But if Azamara say they have released them, you should be able to see the e-document by clicking View More Details in the cruise details in your Azamara account. I can always see these at the same time as my TA does.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

3 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

But if Azamara say they have released them, you should be able to see the e-document by clicking View More Details in the cruise details in your Azamara account. I can always see these at the same time as my TA does.

Depends on your travel agent and how they link with Azamara but generally you should usually be able to see it if not straight away within a few days 

Edited by uktog

On 1/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, lisiamc said:

Your travel agent can have printed tags and your documents sent to you for no charge; there’s no reason for you to have to do it yourself.

24 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Your travel agent can have printed tags and your documents sent to you for no charge; there’s no reason for you to have to do it yourself.

I’m not in the USA.  It’s print them myself or get them at the port.

• Like 2