Veteran Cruisers: What Is Your Favorite?

Rode Warrior

We are doing a celebrity charter on infinity next month, adults only , entertainment is always great on rock and romance cruises, this year entertainment is

America

Jefferson starship

Rita Coolidge 

Steven Bishop

Todd Rundgren 

Cheap Trick

and many others. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rode Warrior said:

In a few short sentences, what is your favorite week-long cruise destination and why? For context, I am asking about cruises in which child entertainment is not necessary. 

We have gotten spoiled with the 10 and 11 day cruises but the 7 day that we enjoyed would be the southern caribbean cruise.  The 2 ships we love are the Connie and the Reflection.   Hope this helps.  

We have been on 7 day cruises that had celebrity seminars and it was enjoyable meeting with those that attended the conferences.  Don't let a celebrity cruise make you change your mind if you are looking for peace and quiet.  It's all there!

Can't go wrong with either Alaska cruise or any cruise to the ABC islands.  Alaska for the scenery but that being said I would not go that far without doing the land tour up to Denali National Park.  The ABC cruise is my favorite Caribbean cruise.  Love those islands.  The seven day cruise to Bermuda was always a great 7 day get away but now that Celebrity stops in Newport it is a no go for us because we live in Connecticut and go there all the time by car.

So, not to dodge the question, but we love the onboard experience so much that sea days top the list. The ship could leave port, sail in circles and return a week later and we’d sign up. In the Caribbean, however, the private island at Coco Cay was very nice, and snorkeling/scuba in Belize is great.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rode Warrior said:

In a few short sentences, what is your favorite week-long cruise destination and why? For context, I am asking about cruises in which child entertainment is not necessary. 

While I'm in no position to claim a "7 day cruise' couldn't be a favorite as I have never been on a cruise I will say Alaska is on my list. We however selected our upcoming itinerary for the" port a day" with sea day on the last day as we are active and will be snorkeling, hiking, sailing, ATV and playing golf. That last sea day will be used to recover.  Yup...I have that First time enthusiasm...wont be long I'll prefer those 10 plus day cruises with plenty of relaxation. Our next circled cruise is Mediterranean for 10 days on the Connie after refurb...

Edited by Peter118
  • Like 1

Have to say we have started to skew to 9-12 day cruises (7 days just seems too short anymore).  Just did an Italy/Dalmatian coast cruise in November and ABC Islands the previous year.  Doing the Reflection America's cruise this November, and Baltic States the following.  Gosh....I just don't know what is my favorite...all of them??

3 hours ago, George C said:

We are doing a celebrity charter on infinity next month, adults only , entertainment is always great on rock and romance cruises, this year entertainment is

America

Jefferson starship

Rita Coolidge 

Steven Bishop

Todd Rundgren 

Cheap Trick

and many others. 

Sounds like fun..enjoy

• Like 2

I agree with the ‘longer cruises are my favorite’ so 7N is tough. I only do the Caribbean 7N’s to experience the ship and there are ports we don’t even go into (Nassau, most Mexico ports, Jamaica for example). So my favorite 7N Caribbean would be on my favorite ships: Edge/Eclipse (S-Class)/Summit (M-Class or whatever M-Class ship is doing this itinerary).

I would recommend one very good 7N itinerary - Bermuda. 2 At Sea-3 Bermuda-2 At Sea. Love that! Alaska is great too, but want longer next time.

Den

When we were both working we regularly did RCs 7 night Western Mediterranean/Eastern Mediterranean cruises during October half term...Not too far away for us to fly, an overnight in a wonderful city at the start or end and itineraries with bucket list destinations. Then even if we had an odd rainy day we would invariably get a few nice hot ones. The thought now of cramming all that into a one week vacation makes me tired! To say nothing of sometimes flying in the day we were cruising! Just too stressful...

As others have said we don’t very often now do short cruises and even if we do we add on a land stay...For example, Alaska and a Washington State driving holiday, a Caribbean break with an Orlando villa or a trip to the Keys...

Only 7 night I would consider now is Norway from Southampton...We did this as an 8 night cruise a few years ago and loved it! Probably one of the reasons this cruise was so wonderful was the weather. We had brilliant blue skies and constant sunshine for the full holiday (end of April/early May).

Also agree 7 nights is normally too short. It's ok if it's part of a longer vacation with land trip too but 7 nights are not long enough for me to unwind and as others have said it's not really worth the airfare in most cases. .  

I did an 8 night Norway cruise which was good for the scenery. That would be the closest I could recommend in relation to the OP's question. 

15 hours ago, Rode Warrior said:

We mainly take two week cruises.

Our best 7 day cruise was Alaska, one way from Vancouver to Seward.

Our favorite overall cruises were:

Japan and China, Tokyo to Hong Kong

Around the Horn of South America, Buenos Aires to Valpo.

4 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We mainly take two week cruises.

Our best 7 day cruise was Alaska, one way from Vancouver to Seward.

Our favorite overall cruises were:

Japan and China, Tokyo to Hong Kong

Around the Horn of South America, Buenos Aires to Valpo.

Thanks for your reply. I have been on one cruise, too Alaska. We loved it and are cruising to Bahamas this year. We are planing where to go next year. Tell me about the Horn of South America! What cruise line, ports and how long? Did you see the southern cross?