Have to share a BIG recommendation for Rony's Tours!

CelK

Without a doubt, this was the best thing we did on our cruise. Arnold was our driver for the day and he was WONDERFUL (seriously - cannot say enough about him!). We are a couple with a 16 year old son and our only "requests" were to visit the monkey/sloth sanctuary, somewhere great for lunch and then have a tour around the island. Arnold was awesome - he loves and feels very proud of Roatan (as he should) and he showed us everywhere - taking us to many different areas of the island (and they are all different and beautiful - worth seeing) and sharing stories and history of each with us. We went to a great place on the beach for lunch (we asked him to join us! so fun). All in, an amazing tour and I would definitely do it again the next time we're in Roatan.

57 minutes ago, CelK said:

Without a doubt, this was the best thing we did on our cruise. Arnold was our driver for the day and he was WONDERFUL (seriously - cannot say enough about him!). We are a couple with a 16 year old son and our only "requests" were to visit the monkey/sloth sanctuary, somewhere great for lunch and then have a tour around the island. Arnold was awesome - he loves and feels very proud of Roatan (as he should) and he showed us everywhere - taking us to many different areas of the island (and they are all different and beautiful - worth seeing) and sharing stories and history of each with us. We went to a great place on the beach for lunch (we asked him to join us! so fun). All in, an amazing tour and I would definitely do it again the next time we're in Roatan.

where did you go for lunch?

Just now, RWMike said:

Not sure on which port.

Cruising on RC Harmony of the Seas

Then you will be at Coxen Hole. 

You will meet your driver just outside the gate. However they have taken to parking some distance away. They used to have you wait while they brought the car round but recently we have had to follow to where the car is parked. I don't know if they would bring it if walking is an issue.

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Then you will be at Coxen Hole. 

You will meet your driver just outside the gate. However they have taken to parking some distance away. They used to have you wait while they brought the car round but recently we have had to follow to where the car is parked. I don't know if they would bring it if walking is an issue.

When we met Arnold he asked if we were able to walk to the car (or he'd bring it around).  it's not a far walk - few minutes only.

4 minutes ago, CelK said:

When we met Arnold he asked if we were able to walk to the car (or he'd bring it around).  it's not a far walk - few minutes only.

Good to know - that's how it used to be.

It may depend on how much construction traffic is in the area on a given day. The last couple of times we have had to walk along the high street to collect the van - not a problem for us but could be for someone with limited mobility.

Do you think you were taken to Buccaneer restaurant?

Edited by c-leg5

Did you have to pay a deposit for your Rony tour?  I’m setting up a private tour for our April cruise and they asked me if I wanted to pay a deposit or pay in full.  I was under the impression we paid when we met them at the port?

Any advice?   Thanks in advance!

Edited by chrisdar1

16 minutes ago, chrisdar1 said:

Did you have to pay a deposit for your Rony tour?  I’m setting up a private tour for our April cruise and they asked me if I wanted to pay a deposit or pay in full.  I was under the impression we paid when we met them at the port?

Any advice?   Thanks in advance!

we have always paid all drivers in full on the day in Roatan from many different companies.

I can understand them asking for a deposit as they are probably let diwn by many cruisers who just dont turn up for one reason or another. 

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

we have always paid all drivers in full on the day in Roatan from many different companies.

I can understand them asking for a deposit as they are probably let diwn by many cruisers who just dont turn up for one reason or another. 

Thanks c-leg5!

I’ll reply as such.  We’re really looking forward to our day in Roatan!  (Even requested Arnold if he’s available!)

I appreciate your insights!

2 hours ago, chrisdar1 said:

Thanks c-leg5!

I’ll reply as such.  We’re really looking forward to our day in Roatan!  (Even requested Arnold if he’s available!)

I appreciate your insights!

You are welcome. Just wanted to add, payment to all companies has always been requested in cash at the END of the tour. 

Our driver through Rony was not very communicative and I was nervous when we took the water taxi from West Bay to West End because we didn’t know where to meet up. I felt the fact he hadn’t been paid at least gave him the incentive to try and find us!