Bring a travel mug?

coolio111

2 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

Do you bring a travel mug for coffee etc?

Do you also bring a reusable water bottle?

Neither. Though we used to bring a water bottle but too much trouble.  We used to bring water on board but as D+ don't anymore.   Even then it depends on where we are, i.e., hot climates where we need it while we are out sightseeing.   On board plenty of places to get water. 

I have an insulated stainless steel water bottle that I always bring with me. While we will bring bottled water on excursions to ward off dehydration, I often need something COLD if we are somewhere hot. So I fill the travel bottle with ice and add water or lemonade from the OVC. On sea days it keeps my cold drinks cold, and takes hours instead of minutes for the ice to melt.

• Like 1

I have skipped the coffee cup, figuring to get one in the ship's shop as a souvenir and to use. After finding either none or ones that are too tall to use in the car, I bring my own if I can get it in my bag! My mom ALWAYS brings her cup. My husband not so much. 

Used to have flatten-able clear/colored "bottles", but they have gone walkabout AND I'm not really sure about the plastic they're made of (!), so I'm in the market for collapsible/rollable food-grade silicone bottles now.

Always bring a reusable water bottle. I can even attach a filter to mine so I can use it in places with questionable water supply. Coffee is not really an issue for me since I am a bit of a coffee snob😋 and don't really find ship coffee that nice but I do have a reusable cup at home. 

• Like 1

While I personally don't bring my home coffee or drink mug on a cruise, there is nothing wrong with doing so.

The only stipulation is to not fill a personal bottle directly from a drink dispenser.  Doing so can contaminate the dispenser's nozzle, and regs require that the machine be sanitized afterwards by staff.  One is supposed to use a clean cup at the dispenser and then transfer the liquid to your personal bottle.

There's usually a warning notice on the dispensing machine but it is in small type which many pax don't read it and are unaware of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, coolio111 said:

Do you bring a travel mug for coffee etc?

Do you also bring a reusable water bottle?

We ( I and my wife) both have a 20oz Yeti we bring on the cruise, I use mine for the coffee (using one of their white coffee cups, too fill it up) and my wife uses her w/ice and water, filled in the same method, for the pool. We both are very careful NOT to come in contact with any disposal nozzle.

Mac

i have a 20 oz Yeti that I was considering taking on the cruise but I decided not to. What do I do with it when done with the drink? I would have to carry it all over until I returned to my room and then remember to take it when getting more coffee. There would be a good chance of losing it.

I did bring a collapsible water bottle for port visits.

I don't drink enough coffee to need a travel mug. I have brought a Yeti in the past and found I didn't really need it. On my cruise last week I took a shaker cup. The only time I ended up using it was before the gym a few mornings in the cabin for a shake with tap water. I won't bring anything in the future. I could have used the glasses in the cabin for the same purpose.

Edited by JennyB1977

Saw many people using insulated flasks to take coffee back to their cabins on Majestic Princess last March, in Australia/ Asia. Decided to follow their example for July Caribbean Princess cruise to the Caribbean, as useful to have hot coffee in the mornings without having to order from Room Service, who always seem to arrive 30-45 minutes before chosen time. Fill before bed using white mugs in buffet, then ready when we are next morning..our flasks keep liquids hot for 12 hours.

Although we still use Room Service on early morning port calls.

Order water package when available..(not  in Australia)

If we have room in our bags we will take flasks again..use carry on rather than checked bags so we don't get called to 'naughty room'!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George C said:

With liquor package we get free bottled water regular or sparkling, normally almost every time we order a drink we ask for a bottle of water. 

Yes, but those bottles aren't reused, are they?