Meraviglia - Roatan

hummer88

I have been looking to see which port the Meraviglia using in Roatan and I am not entirely sure.  The one post with pictures shows it ports in Mahogony Bay but reading some reports it looks like its at Coxen Hole.  Can anyone confirm?.  We will be in port with the Symphony of the Seas.  I would imagine if both ships are using the same dock it will be busy.

Edited by hummer88

We docked at Mahogony Bay on December 10 on the Meraviglia, but the new pier was not finished then.  The pier is finished now, so I think you will probably dock in Coxen Hole, next to the Symphony of the Seas.  That's just my guess!

10 minutes ago, versuco said:

We docked at Mahogony Bay on December 10 on the Meraviglia, but the new pier was not finished then.  The pier is finished now, so I think you will probably dock in Coxen Hole, next to the Symphony of the Seas.  That's just my guess!

That was the exact set-up last week.

The Roatan port schedule shows 4 ships at Coxen Hole that day.  It shows the Meraviglia, the RC Harmony of the Seas,  the Norwegian Pearl and the Norwegian Dawn.  That's a potential 16,000+ passengers.  There will also be 2 ships at Mahogany Bay.  According to the port website, only one ship at a time can be docked, with Royal Caribbean taking priority.  Other ships must tender.  I cannot imagine trying to tender on a ship as large as the Meraviglia.  If this information is accurate, I would defiitely plan on taking a ship excursion so a reasonable tender time will be set for you.  Having been on this ship in October I will warn you they are not very organized.  I think it has potential to be a frustrating day. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QueenofEverything said:

The Roatan port schedule shows 4 ships at Coxen Hole that day.  It shows the Meraviglia, the RC Harmony of the Seas,  the Norwegian Pearl and the Norwegian Dawn.  That's a potential 16,000+ passengers.  There will also be 2 ships at Mahogany Bay.  According to the port website, only one ship at a time can be docked, with Royal Caribbean taking priority.  Other ships must tender.  I cannot imagine trying to tender on a ship as large as the Meraviglia.  If this information is accurate, I would defiitely plan on taking a ship excursion so a reasonable tender time will be set for you.  Having been on this ship in October I will warn you they are not very organized.  I think it has potential to be a frustrating day. 

Last week there was no problem docking both Meraviglia and Symphony of the Seas at the same time but additional ships would have to use tenders.

15 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Last week there was no problem docking both Meraviglia and Symphony of the Seas at the same time but additional ships would have to use tenders.

That's great!  I thought they had expanded their pier to accommodate more than one ship, but 2 port websites said one ship only.  Maybe they haven't updated since they repaired the damage from when the Armonia crashed into the pier.  Either way, that is very good news for Meraviglia passengers

50 minutes ago, capriccio said:

As I said in post 3, we were there last Thursday.  There are two complete docks and I didn't see anything like the picture.

I agree.  We were there on January 6 on NCL Escape.  There are two complete docks, one of RCL mega ships was docked next to us at the old dock.  I did not see anything that looked like the picture above.

In early December on MERAVIGLIA we docked in Mahogany Bay.  I've attached a link to pics from the cruise that include Mahogany Bay.  

Speaking to the staff there (which yes it's a Carnival Corp. development), they told us they only found out that morning that MERAVIGLIA would be docking there.  Apparently work on the pier that MERAVIGLIA normally docks at could only handle one ship that day (SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS) so we got lucky.  

I absolutely LOVED Mahogany Bay and I'm so glad we docked there.  It was a wonderful day and is by far one of the best cruise line developed ports I've been to.  Night and day from Costa Maya.  The beach was awesome, there was shopping, plus restaurants and even a chair lift to the beach (you can walk - small fee for the chair lift).  We did the chair lift one-way just for the view.  Also it was huge so totally uncrowded.  

I would certainly book another cruise that stopped at Mahogany Bay.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157712405145446

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

Edited by eroller

On 1/15/2020 at 8:52 PM, eroller said:

In early December on MERAVIGLIA we docked in Mahogany Bay.  I've attached a link to pics from the cruise that include Mahogany Bay.  

Speaking to the staff there (which yes it's a Carnival Corp. development), they told us they only found out that morning that MERAVIGLIA would be docking there.  Apparently work on the pier that MERAVIGLIA normally docks at could only handle one ship that day (SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS) so we got lucky.  

I absolutely LOVED Mahogany Bay and I'm so glad we docked there.  It was a wonderful day and is by far one of the best cruise line developed ports I've been to.  Night and day from Costa Maya.  The beach was awesome, there was shopping, plus restaurants and even a chair lift to the beach (you can walk - small fee for the chair lift).  We did the chair lift one-way just for the view.  Also it was huge so totally uncrowded.  

I would certainly book another cruise that stopped at Mahogany Bay.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157712405145446

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

eroller, we were there at the same time as you. Loved docking at Mahogany Bay. I would be very disappointed if I cannot get back there. It was a great day!

• Like 1