How Strict on Coco Cay Height requirement

I have a 7 year old son who is about 0.5 inches short of 48" going with me to Coco Cay in about a week! Most of the slides require 48" tall. Before I spend a little less than $100 per ticket, I wonder how strict they are at measuring.  He is a good swimmer and still may not be interested in the scarier slides. So I don't need lectures from people without kids about safety. I just want to know if he will get on the slides we want. I mean maybe some water shoes would add a quarter inch and we could fluff his hair. 

What I want to know is from people who have been there, do they reject kids that are that close, or are they pretty easygoing about it? 

45 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

I know they are very strict about this type of thing while on board so I imagine they will be strict on the island also.

I think this is the best answer that you'll get. Coco Cay is owned and managed by the cruise line. Therefore, they will likely be very strict around requirements. That said, nobody here will be able to guarantee you anything.

Therefore, on the day of, you may be lucky. Or... you may have someone that is going by the rules.

Edited by ryguy2008
typo

It's a matter of liability, so I would imagine they are quite strict.  Besides, if they allow an exception for .5", why not for .75"?  And then 1.0"?  and then 2.0" and so on?  And even if someone here says, "oh they let my kid go and he was .5" too short" how do you know that same person will be working when you go?   So even if someone here has confirmed experience of a too-short child being allowed, you could still end up disappointed.

This is a message board. No one gets to dictate what kind of replies people post. People will post warnings. People will post parenting advice. That is part of what a message board is. 

I think they will be very strict. I have seen them push down spikey hair to measure a kid on board for both the flow rider and the water slides. Unless the child met the height requirement they were turned away. Disappointing to that family, but rules are in place for a reason. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chaddarack said:

Looking forward to kind people giving helpful responses. 

NO - NO - NO.  If a company has a set of safety rules, and they don't follow them, and your son gets seriously injured will you sue yourself, or RCCL? Just book another cruise next year and he will have something to look forward to. 

10 hours ago, chaddarack said:

I mean maybe some water shoes would add a quarter inch and we could fluff his hair. 

What I want to know is from people who have been there, do they reject kids that are that close, or are they pretty easygoing about it? 

seriously?   yes they are strict.   as they should be.   

take a good hard look at what you are saying and then tell us you are not  being  irresponsible.    moral lesson aside( teaching a child its okay to lie or cheat the system)  the safety concerns do not give a flying leap about fluffy hair.  which, BTW is a non issue on a freaking water slide.  

To wrap this up ...

Regardless of what people post regarding their experience, the only thing that matters is what happens in real time for you and your son.  As the saying goes ... YMMV.

My "unsolicited" advice ... if you're not willing to risk almost $100 per ticket, then wait to enjoy the water park until your son meets the height requirement.  If you are willing to take the risk, go for it realizing that you and your son may leave Coco Cay disappointed.

3 minutes ago, chaddarack said:

Oh yes Joseph China. I CLEARLY don't care about my kids safety. Have YOU "seen people and kids turned away"? Thats the part I'm looking for. Not your unkind trolling arguments and opinions about my love for my child. 

"The ranges for safety":

So 48.25 inches is gonna be WAY safer? Lets not be blind here. What if he is 47.99 inches. 48.001 inches is safe? The original post says he probably wont do the bigger slides anyway. He is not a daredevil. I've considered his safety. 

I think I clearly said I saw people turned away by RCCL on many different items for people who failed to fall within "SAFETY" ranges.  The slides are no different than any other item on RCCL.  Most people know the size of their kids, and don't buy tickets to items they know they can't use....therefore, the likelihood of a person being under sized won't happen.  Many people "justify" things such as 48.25 inches is safe and 47.75 is not, but justifications are irrelevant.  You already know that he is too short, so stop calling everyone a troll that does not agree with your justification.

• Like 2

• Clarea locked this topic