Shipboard credit

marylovestotravel

As of November 1, 2019 the shipboard credits for Oceania Club members were suppose to increase (this still doesn't match the previous credits before devaluation!) I still don't see the expected credit on my account. Have people cruising been getting the enhanced rewards and the expected shipboard credits?

Mia

6 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

As of November 1, 2019 the shipboard credits for Oceania Club members were suppose to increase (this still doesn't match the previous credits before devaluation!) I still don't see the expected credit on my account. Have people cruising been getting the enhanced rewards and the expected shipboard credits?

Mia

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, please know that cruises beginning from Nov. 2019 onward are seeing reduced O Club SBC (NOT more SBC).

The only thing that has increased has been the reintroduction of "spa credit" for certain levels. Those credits disappeared briefly when Canyon Ranch operations ceased. They're now back with Aquamar. But they too have been reduced to $150/person.

22 minutes ago, ORV said:

Color me confused. 

FWIW, the November 2019 O Club SBC reductions were announced many months prior during which time any bookings made for that November and beyond reflected the new amounts. To the best of my knowledge, any of those same future bookings that had been made before that "phase in" started (when higher O Life $ were still at "pre-Nov. 2019" rates) were honored at embarkation.

In any case, the fact remains that O Club SBC is lower now than it was one year ago.

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

FWIW, the November 2019 O Club SBC reductions were announced many months prior during which time any bookings made for that November and beyond reflected the new amounts. To the best of my knowledge, any of those same future bookings that had been made before that "phase in" started (when higher O Life $ were still at "pre-Nov. 2019" rates) were honored at embarkation.

In any case, the fact remains that O Club SBC is lower now than it was one year ago.

I knew that. Apparently you didn't get my post. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not to worry- I understood YOUR post. My added comment was to further inform/confuse marylovestotravel 👀

When I booked my cruise, my shipboard credit was $50 each. From what I understand, it should go up to $100 pp as of Nov 1. I'm still waiting. 

I think there was a big devaluation of shipboard credit awhile ago. I remember people posting and complaining.

Mia

9 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

When I booked my cruise, my shipboard credit was $50 each. From what I understand, it should go up to $100 pp as of Nov 1. I'm still waiting. 

I think there was a big devaluation of shipboard credit awhile ago. I remember people posting and complaining.

Mia

The only way that will happen is if your loyalty level changes before you take your cruise or on that cruise (I.e., you hit the threshold of cruise credits when they are awarded to you on day of departure). Even then, you may not see it reflected on your Oceania paper invoice or possibly on your online account until someone (e.g., your TA) initiates that action.

Are/were you "bronze" moving to "silver"?

52 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

Mia

Mia, please study this page. https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-club-benefits/

Just to be very clear, On Nov 1st 2019 the Oceania Club On Board benefits went DOWN in every category. Obviously there is something in your situation you're not understanding, hopefully you are lucky and have a good Travel Agent that can keep it all straight for you. 

Perhaps you are sailing Solo? Perhaps you are going from Blue to Bronze and your TA was giving you $50 before? Without more information it's hard to know exactly what is happening or what you were told that made you think the Club Benefits are going up. They aren't. 

The link below should have a Word document showing what they were before. As you can see they definitely went down. 

It seems to be slow to open. 

Oceania Club Amenities - before Nov. 1, 2019.doc

Edited by ORV

39 minutes ago, ORV said:

Mia, please study this page. https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-club-benefits/

Just to be very clear, On Nov 1st 2019 the Oceania Club On Board benefits went DOWN in every category. Obviously there is something in your situation you're not understanding, hopefully you are lucky and have a good Travel Agent that can keep it all straight for you. 

Perhaps you are sailing Solo? Perhaps you are going from Blue to Bronze and your TA was giving you $50 before? Without more information it's hard to know exactly what is happening or what you were told that made you think the Club Benefits are going up. They aren't. 

The link below should have a Word document showing what they were before. As you can see they definitely went down. 

It seems to be slow to open. 

Oceania Club Amenities - before Nov. 1, 2019.doc

I see what you mean. There is a significant downgrade for the new amounts. Still, my onboard credit for Bronze is $50US. I will talk to my travel agent and see what she can do.

Mia 

23 hours ago, LHT28 said:

It is $50 Per person or $100 per cabin based on 2 sharing the cabin

So the $50 is correct

She said that $50 is correct. Did not tell me it was per cabin (Grr!) Wasted a lot of time on that one!

Does it mean we share the cap and tote bag as well?

Mia😉

Maybe not.  That can depend on your cabin category, perhaps.

When we've been in higher suites we EACH got "gift packages".  For example, in an OC on Riviera (two 7 day cruises) we each received a package of two caps, two mini-caps (sorry, I'm blanking on what you call them) and two beach towels.  We got them for each leg and ended up giving away two of them to friends on the cruise.  We also received the 6 liquor bottle package on each leg.

When we've been in a "basic" suite (think PH) we've each received tote bags (like many others, we have many!) ... 

Mura

3 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

She said that $50 is correct. Did not tell me it was per cabin (Grr!) Wasted a lot of time on that one!

Does it mean we share the cap and tote bag as well?

Mia😉

We got a cap and bag each but had to share a bottle of wine!

30 minutes ago, Jay23 said:

We've never had a cap!  Bag, wine, $100 OBC, never a cap.   (not that I want a cap)  🤣 🤣 J

AFAIK, an individual now gets a baseball cap and messenger bag (along with the lapel pin) only on the cruise when s/he reaches the next loyalty level. Like the pin, the cap and bag state that loyalty level.  Other items/perks for your loyalty level (e.g., gratuities, SBC, spa credit and that bottle of wine) come with each cruise segment. The complimentary cruise is repeated every 20 cruise credits.

Folks in PH and cabins above may get additional items related to the cabin rather than loyalty.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

10 hours ago, Mura said:

It's always been ONE bottle of wine, no matter what cabin category!

We're talking about the new Cyclo wine that everyone gets. We had 3 in our room. 

We were on a B2B or combo cruise. That was 2, the third was from a consortium that our TA is a member of. We also got a great box of Oceania chocolates and a free excursion(not a ship's tour) due to this.