Free Shuttle in Civitavecchia

tommycanon

I'm planing to have our walking tour in Rome on coming June. Is there anyone know the schedule of the free shuttle from Civitavecchia Cruise Port to "Largo della Pace"? How far do I need to walk from "Largo della Pace" to Civitavecchia Train Station?

2 hours ago, tommycanon said:

How far do I need to walk from "Largo della Pace" to Civitavecchia Train Station?

You can also take a local bus from Largo della Pace to the train station for 2 euros per person.

More info on your options here:  https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/civitavecchia-train-station

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 4:08 AM, euro cruiser said:

There is no schedule for the free shuttle buses, they are specific to each cruise ship and start running when the ship arrives.

From the Largo della Pace exit to the Civitavecchia train station is 1.4 km/0.9 mile.

Hi again euro cruiser!

It's been a long time since our last stop in Civitavecchia.  Can we still purchase BIRG tickets?

What is the cost now?  The last time we were there, a lady by the tobacco stand sold us a pair of BIRG tickets for 12Euros each...we walked to the train station and headed to Rome.  Note: Just finished reading your posts on the seasonal express train...thinking perhaps the BIRG ticket may be better since BIRG tickets gives us access to the subway in Rome...any thoughts?

Thank you as always.

The 5-zone BIRG is still just 12 euro, one of the best bargains in Italy.  

I personally would use the BIRG and the regional train because you get more time in Rome that way (and there's no such thing as too much time in Rome, as far as I'm concerned).   It's a plus that it's a better value.

However, I see the value of the Civitavecchia Express for those who are uncomfortable with the regional trains.