Bathroom Outlet - Switch Controlled?

jdcml

We use a battery powered, motion sensor nightlight.  It is just bright enough to see, but not so bright as to jar you awake when it comes on.  You can also switch it to on all the time if you want.  

On ships with the card slot, we just put an old gift card or business card in the slot so we don't have to put our sail & sign card in it.  We always turn out the lights when leaving the cabin.

This was a good question about putting a card in the slot for the light to be on, but we can still manually turn them off, if I read this right.  I have already made up a piece of paper that I hope will work in the slot, instead of a credit card, etc.

2 hours ago, beshears said:

This was a good question about putting a card in the slot for the light to be on, but we can still manually turn them off, if I read this right.  I have already made up a piece of paper that I hope will work in the slot, instead of a credit card, etc.

I've heard a business card will work, too. Since our stewards always give us one of theirs, I figured the light slot would be a good use for it. I also always keep a couple old gift cards in my suitcase for the safes that use magnetic strips, so there's that.

Yes, you can just put a business card in the slot.  Then, you just turn lights on & off manually.  There are several reasons we do it this way. 1) No risk of forgetting to grab your sail & sign card from the slot & locking yourself out of your cabin. 2) No risk of being left in the dark if your spouse's card is the one in the slot & they head off before you. 3) When running in the cabin just to grab an item, you aren't having to pull your lanyard up over your ponytail & ball cap.