MSC Meraviglia Toilet Paper/Tissues

cruisefoodie1949

2 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

Frankly,  I'm a FAR stretch from an environmentalist.   I'm not 'into digital' because of the environmental benefits.  I like it for convenience.  In the case of news, I like digital becauseit's fresh, up to the minute information - not yesterday's leftovers.  At 63 years old, I recognize that I HAVE to get used to digital content because sooner than we think, it will be our only option.  Even on cruise ships (hell, if they are saving money by taking away our tissues, dontcha think they'll take away printing the dailies???)

I'm 48 and feel no need to adjust. When digital is the only option I just don't read papers, new books, listen to new music etc. I know that that day will come soon and I don't like it but I can live with it.

I was very surprised that we got the morningpaper on paper in the Yacht Club last year but I know that it probably will be gone soon and I don't expect to get it on our next cruise. I don't like it but I can live with it because I have to.

It's not that I think it's difficult and to be honest I am interested in new technical things but I want to decide, I don't like that other people shall decide for me. ( I have a technical education and I have worked as a technician at Ericsson so I know, I just don't want! )

3 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

"People who are worried about the paperwaste should probably not cruise."  Seriously????  SMH.

Absolutely serious.

Lots of people fly to the cruise, or use a car to get to the ship.

The ship use LOTS of fuel.

Supplies are transported to the ship.

Lots of food is produced and wasted.

The list can be long with things worse than paperwaste. 

• Like 2

Back to the question of no facial tissue on MSC.  We were on Meraviglia for the month of November and no face tissues provided at all.  In fact I made a note to bring my own for this 4 weeks we are on Seaside and did.  Lo and behold, tissues provided in bathroom!

I do know firsthand that Royal Caribbean has removed facial tissues from their bathrooms due to toilets clogging due to them; but they do supply them in the main portion of the cabin.

Edited by gadaboutgal

On 1/15/2020 at 7:54 PM, mlbdude said:

No tissues even after asking on Meraviglia in Kaye November.  No issues with toilet paper.  In fact we got an extra roll to replace the lack of tissues.

Had to laugh because we did the same thing! Sailed on the Meraviglia on Dec. 8.